• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taylor Thunder Volt 8.2mm Wires

On the box I got, "90*" was checked off.. which concerned me. After checking the order paper and finally checking the plugs, they were in fact the correct 135* plugs.

I just got mine, the box has 180* checked off, but they appear to be 135*.

Had some dissapointment

Had some dissapointment

The Taylor 8.2s seem like great wires, but I had two that would not reliably click on to the plug, and the holder clips on for the coil end mostly broke off.....often just by my finger grazing it while doing something else. In the end I started to have the classic bad wire miss under load from all the poor connections. I/m sure the actual wires were fine. I threw them out and got Duralasts from Autozone....a step down I guess but they fit perfect and the miss is gone.

I just attempted to install my Taylor's, but like the above post I know they are not correctly snapping in. Anyone have any advice as to how to get the wires to fit onto the plugs? I took out the plugs and plugged the wires into them and know what the click should feel like and I know im not getting the click i need.

You may need to push down at a slight angle, instead of a straight vertical push, a few of mine were like that. Def. will feeel a click though.

Mine went on easier than the OEM Motorcrafts and Bosch wires. Though, the Taylors that Schaff had.. I couldn't get those to snap onto the plug and was hoping it was just the existing plugs. What plugs are you using?

hmm... i've had autolite dp's, xp's and Denso Iridiums... all worked fine with the Taylors. Wonder if some of the clips are just too tight -- maybe spreading them a bit with needlenose pliers?

Just be careful doin' that. I've seen a few people spread the pliers too far apart and make a slight rip in the boot, which then arcs like crazy.

Maybe the clips are also too far apart. How did they feel when the plug wasn't in the hole. (That sounded bad :laugh: )

I thought they felt a bit tight, i tried to slightly spread them but didnt want to overdo anything, i also slightly trimmed some of the boot off of one wire to see if it was too long, but also didnt want to take too much off and was not seeing any improvement. I guess next time I have a few spare minutes i can try pushing at an angle or spreading the wire connector. Any other ideas?

This weekend i had a chance to tinker with the Taylor's again, however my effort was in vein. I tried pushing at an angle, trimming the boots, and adjusting the connector inside of the boot. When I was adjusting the connectors no matter what I did, they would be just too tight or too loose. Im begining to think I wasted the 50-60 dollars on these wires. So two questions, Anyone have anymore ideas? and What is the next best set of wires avaliable?

I had the same problem.....threw them away and bought Autozone Duralast....perfect fit.

I got no satisfaction from Taylor.

My Taylors fit great. :shrug: Maybe your "plug tip" isn't big enough? :laugh:

Just kiddin'. Try to twist the wires back and forth just a bit as you slide them down the spark plug tube. Make sure the boot is going around the plug instead of being shoved down to one side.

This weekend i had a chance to tinker with the Taylor's again, however my effort was in vein. I tried pushing at an angle, trimming the boots, and adjusting the connector inside of the boot. When I was adjusting the connectors no matter what I did, they would be just too tight or too loose. Im begining to think I wasted the 50-60 dollars on these wires. So two questions, Anyone have anymore ideas? and What is the next best set of wires avaliable?

I would have called up Taylor and asked them about it before cutting anything. They probably would have sent you a new set. Now I don't know. However I would still call and ask them what they think is wrong. Mine fit like a glove with no problems what so ever :shrug:

I had the same problem.....threw them away and bought Autozone Duralast....perfect fit.

I got no satisfaction from Taylor.

That just seems plain stupid to me. Wait what do you think about just... ummm... sending me $50... I promise to give you no satistaction either ;)

Last edited:
Mods can we sticky this I keep on getting PM's about these wires and there is a lot of good information in here. Or at least link it in the read me thread or something?? Thanks.

Back