• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Camber messed up?

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
All right, so I had my car parked (at a NECO/CEG meet no less! what a time to notice) and I noticed that the camber on my right front wheel was looking pretty bad, and I'm not quite sure why. The wheel is tilted so the top is farther in than the bottom, and I'm getting uneven tire wear on the inside shoulder. I had the front struts and springs replaced (very crappily BTW, they used the incorrect strut tower bolts...), so I don't know if their crappy job has anything to do with it. I did hear a VERY slight squeaking while taking left turns a couple times this past week (only when windows were down), but it hasn't happened since and I'm not sure if it even has anything to do with the problem. I mean, wheel bearing (the ride seems smooth and no weird noises while driving, I will do the "o'clock test" tomorrow when I'm with my car again), ball joint, LCA's all seem possibilities, but what do you guys think? I searched and found a couple answers of what could be the problem, but this is new in the past month or two, and it's only the RIGHT front, and not the left...Although I AM way overdue for an alignment...

double check that it looks like it is off by parking and ground that is as flat as possible.

get the spring retaining nuts changed to the correct ones and get an alignment done and go from there. Make sure the suspension gets inspected also

I thought caster and camber were fixed and not adjustable without aftermarket camber plates. If that's the case an alignment will not help, it's toe only.

Back