• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taylor Thunder Volt 8.2mm Wires

I *think* I got mine from summitracing.

I did get mine from Summit Racing. However I had to wait a few weeks because they do not normally stock this item. Oh well. It was cheaper then buying them anywhere else I found.

i ordered a set from summit on 3/1/07 and i am still waiting, they keep pushing the date back. now they say they will ship on 3/22. oh well, i am in no hurry it was a good deal and i don't really need them right now, just preventive maintenance.

i was thinking of getting ford 9mm wires but after seeing the 8.2 taylors i am sold they look really nice, especially cool that they fit in the factory holders.

FWIW, the red thundervolts are on backorder thu summit, ship date is supposed to be the 14th, i ordered today.

Taylor wires

Taylor wires

Are these available for our cars here in Ontario Canada? I have called around and some have never heard of them and others say they dont make them for the Ford Contour. If anyone knows where please let me know thx

Are these available for our cars here in Ontario Canada? I have called around and some have never heard of them and others say they dont make them for the Ford Contour. If anyone knows where please let me know thx

I can't find them locally in the States. I had to order them from Summit.

AFAIK you cant get them In Canada. I checked everywhere and the only places that sold them in US would only ship by UPS. I finally just got the stock Motorcraft wires from Y2K ford (highly reccommended : great customer service) for less than half what my local stealership was charging. I'm sure the wires are every bit as good as the Taylor wires but it would be nice if they could be had in a blue color instead of that cruddy gray color.

i have had mine for a bit now and the other day i was pulling the wires off the coil pack. and the plasic cover comes off the boot and makes it a PITA to get off the coil pack.

Back