• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rear abs sensors

98TredSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Is the rear abs sensors the only cord that runs into the rear knuckle? When I installed my konis, they were stuck in there, no way in getting them out, so I ended up just cutting them and now I need new ones. Anybody know what this part is called and where to get some cheap used ones? Also, will the front ABS work if the rear's are disabled?

The abs sensor cable is only like 12" -- they plug into another cable right behind the fender liner. You don't even need to remove the cable to install new struts though.

Yep.. but you just need to remove what's left of the abs sensor cable, and get a new one. From what someone posted on here, there's a chance that a junkyard sensor will crumble when you try to remove it. Based off that, it sounds like it's best to just get a new one.

Christ almighty. You cut the sensors? WTF? Why didn't you just unplug them from under the wheel well liners? I have a rear pair but not for free. And you wondered why in your other post you have an ABS warning light? :rolleyes:

Toodles, how much you want for the set? PM me. I may or may not want them.

During my Warmonger brake upgrade, I'll be replacing the rear dust shields with new ones, but can't remove them till the sensors come out. I know I tried for days getting the ones off my parts car, only to have them break on me.

Back