• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How many do you got?

Bought mine 2 and a half years ago with 78K on it, now has close to 107K, and I've only had to replace the battery and a wheel bearing.

Bought mine bone stock with 89k miles a year ago now. It had the original plugs/wires and fuel filter on it...:nonono: I've now got 102k miles and for those of you that know my car, it's changed a bit...:cool:

322,250 on the odo and factory motor.

I don't think people are reading this. If memory serves me right, you have the most miles of any contique we've seen on this site.

Wow, that is really impressive! :cool: Post some pics of the ODO, I'd love to see it and stuff it in my import friends' faces.

SVT - around 50k. It will rust into pieces before it sees 100k, which would be in 2017 at the current rate I drive it.
Sport - Just rolled over 118k. Original motor, 2nd ATX.

No the motor has never been overhauled... Nothing has been done to the motor except preventive maintenance and an idler pulley... I'll hopefully get some pics up soon for everyone to see.

Can't wait to see pictures!
The value of preventive maintenance... :cool:

I have 93,3xx on my 98 CSVT. Bought it in March of 04 with 78,xxx.

Just shy of 75,000. Runs great and barely any rust. But I will get rid of it before 100k most likely... once I start making real cash, I'll probably get an Infiniti.

Just shy of 75,000. Runs great and barely any rust. But I will get rid of it before 100k most likely... once I start making real cash, I'll probably get an Infiniti.

The fun of upgrading cars. You should keep the contour as a beater car. Thats what I did when I got my cobra. But for some reason I love the contour so much I could never get rid of it.

You should keep the contour as a beater car.

the reason I have three of these cars :eek:

the mystique will be the bad weather car, and even thought the SVT and SeVT have more power I still love driving the Mystique with the zetec

52k on the SVT body, 1200 on the 3.0 block :crazy:

115k on the MTX Cougar with the 2.5 knocking, soon to receive a 51k mile SVT motor and goodies, wonder where that came from ;)

I bought mine in 1999 with 9,000 miles on it, I'm up to 185K now. Very few problems. I'm about due for plugs and wires again, and maybe I should pre-emptively put another water pump on.

I don't see much else out there that I like or want to pay big money for, so my Contour probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe I'll go 3L if/when my 2.5 dies, if I can find somebody in the VA area to do it.

Bought mine from my brother with 52k, now has a little over 111k...Besides the shifter cable breaking and MAF going bad, its been a great car.....

Back