• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hybrid vs COP

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
Aaaaaaw! C'mon guyz!!!! I was really looking forward to seeing where the hybrid vs COP debate over in the 3L forum would go. Now its been locked up. Sheez guyz, i wish we could've handled this better. I just hope we didn't just throw away info that would've helped the next generation of 3L builders. am looking for clean opinions on wot just happened over there. Hey mods; If this thread turns ugly, pls shut it down.

I wish the debate could've remained civil & professional as well... unfotunately certain parties involved decided it wasn't going to happen and frankly I was through dealing with its fall out.
-Mark

That ish was crazy, but I couldn't help but notice how lots of the numbers were really fishy :ponder:. Just wish people didn't have to get SOOOOOOOOOO worked up over a mere opinion, which is pretty much what it was. Different people look at the balance between cost and performance differently, not to mention other minor details that would work into their decision. I think everyone just needed to stop being such a tight-butt.

Is it just me or are the HP number all fairly close? Nothing really stands out as "the" only way to go. Looks like a matter of build preference.

Anyway, the technical side of 3L motor builds is always interesting to read.
I like the COP version but any of them are out of my price range due to the trans. build cost. I want to wait and do it all at once.

Is it just me or are the HP number all fairly close? Nothing really stands out as "the" only way to go. Looks like a matter of build preference.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Everyone has their own personal opinion. The HP numbers ARE all fairly close. In fact, the hybrid has the best high-end numbers it seems. :shrug:

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Everyone has their own personal opinion. The HP numbers ARE all fairly close. In fact, the hybrid has the best high-end numbers it seems. :shrug:

In comparison, those actual hybrid numbers are pretty misleading, it had some more costly work done to it, so the price range wasn't the same. Plus, building a real hybrid brings with it a bunch of landmines, some obvious, some not so obvious, and some easy to take care of and some not so easy. Plus, there aren't many around that recommend a hybrid anymore for anything remotely on a budget.

In all honesty, the best numbers from any of th 3L's isn't going to be world's apart from any of the others without doing some pretty radical stuff. The big differences will be in how the tq and hp curves are shaped based on which cams and intake setups are being used.

FYI: if you're still interested in that thread, check out the last remaining one on NECO. The one on FCO stopped, and the one here got locked... so the NECO one is only one remaining.

Hmm... that made me think of Highlander -- "There can be only one!"

In all honesty, the best numbers from any of th 3L's isn't going to be world's apart from any of the others without doing some pretty radical stuff. The big differences will be in how the tq and hp curves are shaped based on which cams and intake setups are being used.

Totally true!

I'm not going to waiste any more time on it until I'm ready. Too bad that the parties involved couldn't come together for one kick ass motor build for the ages.

Back