• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Meet - Install Headers/Y-Pipe

Knauberized

CEG'er
Alright, I've got a set of headers and y-pipe hanging out inside my house and I would like them to be on my car. I will be doing the work on it at my house, but was curious if anyone wanted to come over on a saturday and watch as I destroy my knuckles. Everyone can sit around a drink beer and laugh at me as I install them. If anyone is willing to help, that'd be cool too. Just gauging any interest, want to get this done before it gets cold, so within the next month. I guess let me know dates that people can do and are interested in.

Also, would anyone here be able to adjust my tips on my true bends exhaust? Looks like they just need to be cut from there current locations and moved up or down on the pipe they are mounted on (one is out too far, the other is in too far) I would try, but I've never welded anything before.

Also I may do a seperate meet day for my suspension (BAT Inc supension kit) in the next month to month and a half.

Last edited:
As much fun as it'd be to watch you curse, bleed and cause various and random acts of self destruction to yourself and drink a beer while doing it, I have school and work on saturday's.

Man I'd love to come and see how things go. I've got a set of MSDS's on the way myself and I'd like to see what I'm getting into. Saturday's are kinda hard for me to get off work. I have this Saturday off, but me and a few friends are cruising Skyline Drive.

Hmm, I'd try a Sunday but am afraid it might not get done and I'd be without a car for work Monday. I'll have to see if I have my dad's truck as a backup just in case.

Man i was just up there last weekend. I won't be able to make the trip this weekend since i'm about 2-3 hrs away, but maybe next weekend

What's the deal on this meet? I just placed my order for headers today so I'd also like to see what I'm getting myself into. :blackeye: Like I said, I'll be home (Fairfax) this coming weekend, until Tuesday.

Unfortunately thanks to work not telling me anything until today, my plans for this weekend and next weekend are blown out of the water, I now have to work saturday and sunday for disaster recovery server moves. BS Anyway, at least I get overtime.

Unfortunately thanks to work not telling me anything until today, my plans for this weekend and next weekend are blown out of the water, I now have to work saturday and sunday for disaster recovery server moves. BS Anyway, at least I get overtime.

well kinda sucks... let us know when you plan to get them in again. I'd defidently be interested in comin over.

What's the deal on this meet? I just placed my order for headers today so I'd also like to see what I'm getting myself into. :blackeye: Like I said, I'll be home (Fairfax) this coming weekend, until Tuesday.

I guess you found some money after the whole Ipod thing huh:)

As quick as I was scheduled to work this weekend, I come in this morning and what do you know, I am now off this weekend. I'm going to aim for Saturday morning. I guess around 10ish. I should have all the tools I need but if anyone feels the need to bring some, cool! PM me if you want to come and I will reply back with address and telephone number.

I am also ordering a pair of MSDS headers too.
I may come if my schedule permits. I live in Columbia/Elkridge which is not far away from Laurel.

Looking forward to meeting local guys.

Rick

Back