• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone have a larger picture of this...

Didn't SVT stop making them? There was a thread mentioning something to this effect in 2003, and a ton of CEGers suddenly called up SVT to order one (myself included).

I'd love to get another someday, mine was somewhat water damaged in a basement flood last year :(

Didn't SVT stop making them? There was a thread mentioning something to this effect in 2003, and a ton of CEGers suddenly called up SVT to order one (myself included).

I'd love to get another someday, mine was somewhat water damaged in a basement flood last year :(

Yeah, they had actually stopped making them long before the mad rush. Someone had posted that they were being sold on eBay, and then one of our members who worked at SVT mentioned that they sell them direct for way less ($5 as opposed to $20 IIRC). So, I called to order which is when it was explained that they only had a couple dozen left and that because of the eBay scammers they were limiting people to a few posters max. Needless to say that after I posted this info the poster sold out quickly.

I actually got mine from SZ06 and still have not found a place to put it. It just sits in my room behind the framed pic of Wrigley field that I received at Christmas last year. I have always liked cutaway art like that.

I framed mine and put it up in my bedroom ... before hanging it obviously ...

DSC02526.JPG

is there any way to get one now?
Find a poster, take a high high quality pic of it. See if you can find a print shop or sign shop that will *cough* look the other way *cough* regarding possible copyright issues. If it is a one-off job for your personal use, you should be able to find someone to do it. If your intent is to re-sell, you might want to contact the copyright holder on the original poster. If someone has that info, I might be willing to see what I can do. With a high enough resolution original, I can print up to 5 feet wide.

iceposter.com has some pretty good ford posters.. though its not what you are looking for...

That picture is in the '05 SVT calendar for the month of June. It's fairly good sized (not poster size though) but it shares the page with a cutaway picture of the engine. I have it on my office wall at work.
Karl

Back