• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where do you host pictures?

Redlineracer12

Addicted CEG'er
Where do you host your pictures? I'd like to find someplace to host high resolution pictures (i'm talking like anywhere from 3-7MB per picture) Even if I could only host so many pictures for free. I currently use photobucket but don't want to pay to "go pro" because then you're still limited to 2MB per picture. I only have 100MB of webspace from school and I'll be losing that soon enough :( Should I just break down and get some actual webspace? Or what do you use?

Maybe this would be better in CI or General Discussion but I'm putting it here for now. Mods can move to where they see fit :)

I've seen plenty of people use that and it gives you options for up to 1600x1200 resolutions but still limits you to 1.5MB per picture. Better but not good enough for real high resolution pictures (such as calendar pictures ;))

You don't host your hi res pictures, you show low res and email the hi res as needed.

You don't host your hi res pictures, you show low res and email the hi res as needed.

True... but emailing can be a pain when you go between dozens of computers a day. I want someplace on the internetz where I can host my own pictures to find them/manage them from anywhere :) Maybe renting webspace would be the way to go... becoming more and more obvious to me now :laugh: then I can host videos in higher quality then say photobucket also and other files too of course.

I currently use fototime, and yes I pay $24.95 a year for the subscription. With that cost I am given 4 GB of disc space for photo's (any resolution) and 20 GB Monthly Allocated Bandwidth. At first I wasn't using hardly any space but now that I have my new camera that takes 8. Mega pixels pictures I am now using 30% of my disc space and have 731 pictures in my account.

Photobucket for hotlinking something. Picasa for everything else (recently rediscovered), batch uploading of albums is sweet.

Back