• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New-Skin

Depends on the gash.
What did you do?

Did you try a lot of pressure with a clean bandage or rag while elevating the foot?

if it wont stop bleeding you probably need stitches even if its something small. dont wanna mess with bleeding out

Ouchies..... hope you foot gets better... Keep that cut closed with wutever you need to do.... wrap it in duct tape?:shrug:

- amyn

i find new skin loses it's flexibility after about a day and just cracks off...plus it stings like a beotch.

it may work depending on how deep the cut is.

i would try to get my hands on some derma bond...i looked when i recently cut myself in a very intimate area but couldn't and had to settle for new skin. so i dunno if you can get it over the counter.

Apparently it stopped bleeding? :shrug:

True. I called him in the morning quick and he didn't answer, didn't even call me back. IDK. :shrug:

I stepped on a clean, unrusted nail and it went through my foot. :blackeye:

I finally decided new-skin and band aids weren't really going to make it stop and went to the hospital.

I stepped on a clean, unrusted nail and it went through my foot. :blackeye:

I finally decided new-skin and band aids weren't really going to make it stop and went to the hospital.

Wuss.

J/k :laugh:
But seriously, did you try cauterizing it? Take a piece of metal, hold it in a fire, and touch it to the wound after you have cleaned it as much as possible?

Last edited:
But seriously, did you try cauterizing it? Take a piece of metal, hold it in a fire, and touch it to the wound after you have cleaned it as much as possible?

yeah right, would you be able to do that to yourself? I sure wouldn't ...

I'm not a doctor, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, but that doesn't sound too bright to me. :nonono:

zorrex said:

That might stop the bleeding - IF you could get the hot metal to the veins that were bleeding - IF you could stand the pain long enough to let it do the job - IF you could actually muster up the mental strength to go through with it in the 1st place . A bad mis-step on a nail is what they make doctors for ...

I'm not the type to just run to the hospital for something if I don't think is a big deal. After about 20 minutes of constant blood flow from the top and bottom of my foot I decided it was beyond my control.

Back