• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

parts compatible from a focus to a 95 zetec

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
i was just looking at parts for a 2000 and newer focus 2.0 zetec SVT... i was wondering are cams, heads, pullies and timing belts all interchangeable????? pistons, connecting rods, etc???

pistons and connecting rods are interchangable as long as you do both. supposedly the cams must be used with solid lifters so you would need a focus head as well which should bolt up.

So, if i pretty much so wanted to, i could put all the internals from an SVT into my car and get 170hp??? or would i be better off doin a SVT swap??? and transmissions interchangeable???

i missed the part about the SVT version. from what i understand even the regular focus parts dont work on the SVT version so the SVT parts will not work on ours. the regular Focus parts do work though.

nope, SVT Zetec is completely different ball of Wax, IIRC the head was aluminum and the block was iron to save weight, plus the VCT solenoid was actually located on the intake cam, as opposed to the exhaust cam.

Back