• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Failure!

hey matt..do what one of my co workers does for all his vehicles...register it as a farm vehicle!
the only real bugger about it is you can't drive it at night!
haha
That's when I do like 70% of my driving!

And yeah .. I moved to NH ... there's like, cows and moose up here or something ... I haven't hit any deer. Yet.

You may see deer near your work occasionally.
They like to frolick in the forests in Merrimack. :)
Sometimes they play near the roads.

yep indeedy.
You're from western Ma, so that's probably why you haven't heard of it.
Eastern MA people like to make fun of NH by calling us hicks because of our northern landscape. They forget that Western MA is similar to NH in that respect. :p

I'm a gigantic M*******, not gonna lie. At least when I drive anyways. But yeah, about the landscape out here, it's pretty much nothing. There's Springfield area, and a couple other decent sized cities, but otherwise, this place is sparse and hick-ish as heck.

I'm a gigantic M*******, not gonna lie. At least when I drive anyways. But yeah, about the landscape out here, it's pretty much nothing. There's Springfield area, and a couple other decent sized cities, but otherwise, this place is sparse and hick-ish as heck.

Springfield's a real garden spot. :rolleyes:

Lots of great, relaxed areas out there. Some great, rural drives, and some good spots to grab a bite and a beer. You've got the Whip City Brew in Westfield, and Barber's Crossing Roadhouse in Spencer / Leicester, neither of which is too far away.

Once you head outside the Springfield area, there's almost nothing. Hampden, only one town over, doesn't have a SINGLE traffic light in it anywhere. Now THAT is pretty amazing and shows how little goes on there. There's a street called Hallot Hill Rd, and a bunch of in-breds live at the end of the road on top of a mountain...

lol! You have to admit you walked right into that one.

Almost on topic, car is almost ready for inspection..
- tint is ripped off, residue remains on back windshield, some residue on the very edges of all doors (still can't use windows)
- ordered tires today, should arrive tomorrow, should be on car tomorrow afternoon and car inspected

Tires are Fuzion. I don't know if it's ZRi or HRi, don't much care, they were on sale apparently (buy one get one, or buy 3 get 1, again don't know and didn't care). Same size as I have currently (215/45/17); for now, I don't want to bother with potential rubbing with 225's. Total will be ~600 with alignment. I'm not driving the car very hard until I get the suspension fixed anyway so this time around the tires don't matter; my priority was just to get the car inspected before the Fall Meet.

The guys at Monro Muffler/Brake in Merrimack have been very good, both cars were in/out of inspection very quickly, they have been prompt and curteous (and not in a demeaning yes-man manner like the Millbury Ford Mercury techs or clueless by-the-book style like Sears Auburn), made recommendations for tires ... hopefully the service will be satisfactory.

I'm also ordering Bendix brakes and rotors from Stazi this week. :crazy: I still need to buy a sofa for the living room!

Another good place to go to in Merrimack is Merrimack Autosport.
They have done Mike's family very well for a long time.
We used to get the GL serviced there as well. Never had any trouble with them.

Back