• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Failure!

rouar

fixer
Admin
My SVT needs:
- all tint ripped off :(
- new tires
- new brakes

All told, I was pretty much expecting those. The tires and brakes were in the classified ad (and that was 5K miles ago), and I knew the tint was 35% front, 20% rear.

So I'm not surprised or disappointed, though it means I'm going to spending over a grand to get this car to pass inspection before the Fall Meet. I am glad that there were no other problems, I was worried about emissions.

Technically the brakes passed inspection, but I'm replacing pads/rotors regardless since they're grinding. Just haven't had time.

Are you going to try and take the tint off yourself? Sometimes it isn't too hard. Just need a hair dryer and a small flat blade and you might be able to get the corner off nicely then just use the hairdryer on the BACK side of where you're peeling. Might be able to get it off in one piece. I managed to get the tint off in one piece on three of my ex-gf's Jeep windows...

There is that Tint remover spray that aids in removing the tint. Spray it, let it set in for a few minutes, and it peels off fairly easy....

It can get messy, but it works.

Buy whatever brakes you wnat and i'll install them real cheap for you... Save some cash!!

LOL at tint removal. It was so easy! The back was peeling already a bit because it was originally put on top of the black part, it came off in 2 minutes and in one piece. The rear windows had 2 layers of tint of them, a little annoying but no big deal. The first was hard until I figured out to use a flathead screwdriver instead of a knife, then the other 3 pieces came off in one piece as well. I did it between loads of laundry, 1/2 hour total. No hairdryer or help other than the flathead.

Now none of my windows will work since the residue is still on there and causing them to stick. But I'll tackle that later this week.

Anyone want some tint? It's a little wrinkled :crazy:

Aircougar, that's tempting. I was going to do them myself, but ran into so many problems on the Maxima. Although this car is far less rusty and shouldn't be as problematic. PM me your price or wage. If it starts to get cold out I might take you up on the offer.

Do you want to borrow some wheels/tires to pass your inspection and give you time to buy a new set?
We still have the E1's with comp t/a's on them.
Since the GL is gone, the wheels are just sitting around.
The rubber is only about 2 years old, plenty of tread left.

The only thing is, we'll need them back by Nov/Dec-ish.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I got pulled over and a written warning for having no inspection, on my way to the inspection place! :dizzy:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I got pulled over and a written warning for having no inspection, on my way to the inspection place! :dizzy:

Really? Well when did you officially register the car? I'm sure you have a certain period of time to get it inspected. Do they expect you to drive straight from the RMV to the inspection? :rolleyes:

What are these inspections you speak of? :laugh:

you be quite and go back to your hole!!!:laugh:

hey matt..do what one of my co workers does for all his vehicles...register it as a farm vehicle!
the only real bugger about it is you can't drive it at night!
haha

Back