• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

True Forged Yukon XL on double dueces (56k stick to 15"s)

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
this is my girlfriend's ride. finally after waiting forever for her to make up her mind on which wheels she wanted, she went with the 22" three piece Ravels that were color-matched to her truck.

before on 22" chrome ebay specials (for sale btw)
IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

she wanted to keep her big ole balloon tires until theyre all gone. burnouts anyone?? :burnout:
recently dropped on DJM 3/5" kit installed by a buddy and i

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

staggered btw. 22x8.5" up front and 22x10" out back :cool:
oh yeah, and that would be daughter and her daughter in the truck making faces at me :crazy:

looks gheeeettoooo. I like it. Could be even bigger though. The color is nice....

22" chrome ebay specials (for sale btw)

do you know what the center bore is on those?

her truck looks good, I'd paint those steps body color...the black is a bit much, even chrome would be better

Last edited:
I like her choice of tires, too often people put super large wheels on an SUV with rubber band tires and it just looks retarded.

...and where exactly is the neccessity of larger brakes on a stock soccermom/grocery getter?

braking shouldn't be that much more difficult if these are forged lightweight wheels. This would be a different story if these were 50lb 24"

Larger rims = larger rotating force and that makes it harder to stop.

Larger rim doesn't always equal larger rotational force. The mass of the wheels is the major determining factor. As well as the distance of the mass to the center of rotation. I am hoping the forged wheels weigh less then the eBay specials and close to the stock 18” (might have even had 20”) from the factory.

braking shouldn't be that much more difficult if these are forged lightweight wheels. This would be a different story if these were 50lb 24"

^
my point...and those new wheels are probably well under factory wheel weight. Heck you're also cutting the sidewall in half from factory specs, shaving that much more weight.

escalades come w/ 22" from the from the factory now fwiw

just shows how stupid people really are!

MANY would say the same about you trying to make your POS fwd car faster :rolleyes:

Exactly - they are a danger to the general public.

you're an idiot :nonono:

these 22s weigh about 32lbs.. the ebay specials weigh about 50lbs. i can easily lift one of these 22s (with tire on) over my head. the ebay specials with tires practically takes two people to lift! :eek:

these 22s weigh about 32lbs.. the ebay specials weigh about 50lbs. i can easily lift one of these 22s (with tire on) over my head. the ebay specials with tires practically takes two people to lift! :eek:

You need to work out more :laugh:

Back