• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

turbo svt pix

Dual just vents half your metered air to the atmosphere.

All or nothing buddy, all or nothing

Looks great but you arent doing shiz with that turbo with a stock restrictive exhaust!

not sure how much power is actually going to be restricting, though, that would be a interesting comparisson. i didnt want something loud/boomy, and this setup is neither. anything other then stock piping i would think would be too loud for my taste; btw it sounds so great i have no room for complaints-- plus its very quiet when i want it to be. in addition, (minus the ugly cf) i wanted a stock look. i would like a turbo blanket soon its in the works.

i appriciate all the kind words :D

welcome to tha turbo club 111r. i gat mine vented to atmo. I could've sworn i read in a bunch of places that you gat a BIT more power from VTA :shrug:. Anyways, congratulations! Let's see wot buckeye has to say about this one ;)

i didnt want something loud/boomy, and this setup is neither. anything other then stock piping i would think would be too loud for my taste; btw it sounds so great i have no room for complaints. i appriciate all the kind words :D

understandable... in fact, my exhausts are so loud that i can't even hear my blowoff valves go off. problem is the svt contour stock piping looks wussy in ma opinion. Those tips are way too small. they just roll around in there!!! Think about this... The exhaust openings at the botttom of the rear bumber will take 5inch exhaust tips comfortably. Am not saying u should do that. It almost seems the svt folks were only begging for the exhausts to be enlarged ;). here are mine...

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/carprob.jpg

You can ride in mine too.....but no turbo. :cry: but BAD said that he's buying all the 3l swap stuff really for my car, including his Turbo kit, hell he even said he would install it. Right BAD?

not sure how much power is actually going to be restricting, though, that would be a interesting comparisson. i didnt want something loud/boomy, and this setup is neither. anything other then stock piping i would think would be too loud for my taste; btw it sounds so great i have no room for complaints-- plus its very quiet when i want it to be. in addition, (minus the ugly cf) i wanted a stock look. i would like a turbo blanket soon its in the works.

i appriciate all the kind words :D

don't worry about the exhaust, i have the Nautilus Kit with stock headers/precats and i have stock exhaust after the kit (minus the main cat). My car made 255hp and about 235tq on just the 7.5lb spring. i do have the wastegate open to atmosphere though.

looks good, enjoy!

don't worry about the exhaust, i have the Nautilus Kit with stock headers/precats and i have stock exhaust after the kit (minus the main cat). My car made 255hp and about 235tq on just the 7.5lb spring. i do have the wastegate open to atmosphere though.

looks good, enjoy!

Those are good numbers, and Ary isnt hurting anything by recirculating it back into the intake, infact he may be gaining some driveability.

looks good, enjoy!

Yeah but just imagine what you would have with headers and an exhaust!

You can ride in mine too.....but no turbo. :cry: but BAD said that he's buying all the 3l swap stuff really for my car, including his Turbo kit, hell he even said he would install it. Right BAD?

yeah :)! i wish... I had a lotta help really. i woulda bombed tha install had i done it by myself. I had a shop do most of the work since they had the tools. I could probably install joey's kit by myself now tho :cool:. For the 3L install, a fellow CEGer is coming down to help, sometime early next month. Can't wait...

Contours have hoods, Mondeos have bonnets

according to my passport i can call it what i want :p :laugh: i am never going to hear the end of this one...

EDIT: i have already started thinking about a 3L turbo; pm me when its done, bad so i can check it out.. seriously looking forward to 3L turbo :drool:

Last edited:
according to my passport i can call it what i want :p :laugh: i am never going to hear the end of this one...

just some fyi, i caught you "saying" TRUNK instead of "boot" in one of your posts. and ive never heard you say "wings". youve really got to pay attention to those little details or people will pick up on it.

i was born in Germany, lived there for a little while, and have a passport that says im a German citizen, but i dont walk around trying to talk like it :rolleyes:

how do you say "le poseur" in the Queen's English? :laugh:

Much ado about nothing over here.

From an article by Car and Driver's John Phillips, September 2000:

"I spend the day stockpiling expressions unique to New Zealand—which, by the way, is correctly pronounced “Nee ZILLint”—and am thus prepared when Sonett driver Peter Clarke asks for a summary of my day’s activities. “I canned [fell] off the Saab’s wing [fender],” I tell him, “into fiery carbonettes [charcoal briquettes] and carked out [became exhausted].” Clarke does not respond. “I met a kid,” I continue, “and told him, ‘You’re a punnet-eating kack-handed judder bar of a pseud who can rattle his dags’ [a doltish phony who can get out of my face].”

Clarke handed me a half-bottle of Glenfiddich."

Back