• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Please double check my 3.0 plans

Headers, fuel rail mod, and XCal2 (or maybe 3!) are coming from Nautilus as soon as they're ready.

If I wanted to get new plug wires, would I get a set made for a Taurus or a Contour?

I don't remember your swap exactly, but if you are using your 2.5 coil pack and valve covers,(which I think you are) then you'd just want Contour Wires.

Headers, fuel rail mod, and XCal2 (or maybe 3!) are coming from Nautilus as soon as they're ready.

If I wanted to get new plug wires, would I get a set made for a Taurus or a Contour?

DemonSVT still has his six year old Magnecore's and swears by them. I haven't had any wires last that long but I never bought Magnecores either.

i just installed the recommended autolites and wasn't that pleased with there fit. The lengths were perfect but snapping onto the plugs, they weren't that tight of a fit and when you're reaching at the back of the engine, it's difficult to tell whether it's crimped on there or not.

Thanks. I just bought a set off of another CEGer. Once the parts from Nautilus get here hopefully the mechanic can get to work. I haven't driven my car in nearly a month. This is torture.

Okay, after talking to Warmonger about my tune, I decided to stick with the Taurus cams for now, and next spring when I get the tools and the time, I'll swap in my UIM, the Nautilus LIM, and my cams.

I'll be using the SVT injectors since they match my harness, but I'm still waiting for the headers. The mechanic wants to get started the first of next week.

Thanks. I just bought a set off of another CEGer. Once the parts from Nautilus get here hopefully the mechanic can get to work. I haven't driven my car in nearly a month. This is torture.

torture? Nah man. Here's torture... Having all the parts for a 3L turbo staring at u with no one to install for months. Ma car's been sitting since june. Thats torture! ;)

I caved.

I ordered a Quaife from Nautilus yesterday. The fuel rail, quaife, and tune shipping tomorrow, headers are coming ASAP.

I should get some sort of good customer discount from Nautilus, don't you think? I mean, I've given them over $1300 in the past few weeks...

torture? Nah man. Here's torture... Having all the parts for a 3L turbo staring at u with no one to install for months. Ma car's been sitting since june. Thats torture! ;)

I've been waiting to swap in since last September, when I began to stockpile parts. Patience is a virtue and it definitely paid off in the end. Now rushing and having something break or not having what you need when your car is in a thousand pieces is real torture.

pa290023cq6.jpg

pa300024ap5.jpg

Hopefully I'll be getting the car back within a week.

To sum it up, my mod list looks like this:

-2001 Taurus 3.0 w/ 60k miles
-Nautilus Fuel Rail Mod
-Underdrive pulleys
-MSDS Headers
-MSDS y-pipe
-eBay intake
-Warmonger performance tune with SCT X3
-Quaife LSD

I'm guessing about 200whp and mid to low 14s in the quarter. Sound reasonable?

I should be getting the car back this week, after not having it for two full months.

Engine: $540
Headers: $325
Y-pipe: $60
Intake: $38
Underdrive pulleys: $155
Fuel rail mod: $100
Tune/SCT X3: $479 (I think)
Quaife: $675
Clutch: $307

Total: $2679
w/o headers: $2354

This doesn't include any labor so far.