• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fuel System Cleaners

Luke_Miller

CEG'er
We just had a thread on Fuel System Cleaners. It seemed that the consensus was either RedLine or Techron.

If I regularly use Chevron gas with Techron (by regularly I mean 95% of the time) is there any real value of using doing a Fuel System treatment? Would there be any conflicts between filling with Chevron with Techron and then cleaning with RedLine? TIA.

We just had a thread on Fuel System Cleaners. It seemed that the consensus was either RedLine or Techron.

If I regularly use Chevron gas with Techron (by regularly I mean 95% of the time) is there any real value of using doing a Fuel System treatment? Would there be any conflicts between filling with Chevron with Techron and then cleaning with RedLine? TIA.

I wouldn't be worried about it. Redline is safe for use in automotive gasolines, and Chevron is a major player in that market.

I put a bottle of Techron once in a while...

2-3 years ago,I used to put it every thousand miles and really had a better gas millage. But when u calculate the gas plus the cleaner it is almost the same,so it doesn't make any sense:nonono:

I put a bottle of Techron once in a while...

2-3 years ago,I used to put it every thousand miles and really had a better gas millage. But when u calculate the gas plus the cleaner it is almost the same,so it doesn't make any sense:nonono:
Just consider it your duty to the environment! :laugh:
Karl

Back