• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
I think the mods will probably delete this and tell me to wait until i can post in the classified but I'm in quick need of a new engine right now. Does anyone have an '98/'98.5 SVT engine that's complete (ideally)? Or nearly (without intake manifolds, IMRC module, etc)?

thanks

Talk to some CEG'ers/NECO'ers in the area that might be able to a 3L swap for you. Trust me, it'll be THOUSANDS cheaper than trying to find an SVT motor.

i came across a few members here who were selling engines for a few hundred dollars. that plus about a generous estimate of $1000 for the swap at a shop shouldn't be thousands more than a 3L swap

where are you located? if youre anywhere in NE, its cheaper to get a 3L and your car will be better. i WISH i could sell you my engine to get a 3L

If you get a used 2.5L make sure they replace the rod bearings. It's cheap insurance and easy to do when the motor is already out. They must use new rod bolts - make sure they give you the old ones (to make sure the actually did it).

I think SVT SNOB is in Ontario and can do 3L swaps. Not sure how much so look him up on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back