• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone running staggered wheels?

Seems pointless, right?

Reason I ask is because I love the way some cars have a nice fat lip on their rear wheels while the front are more casual.
My current 3 series is staggered and the rears look great.
I know if a set of staggered wheels were thrown on a CSVT it would be sort of contradictory to the whole FWD setup.
This would be a serious consideration for my if I bought my CSVT tomorrow. I've searched all over but I have found nothing about running 8'' wide wheels on a Contour. I have see that rubbing is more than likely expected if you run a dropped 18'' setup.
But, lets take for example, if I ran 18''x7.5'' wheels up front and 18''x8'' wheels in the rear. Anyone see a problem with that.
I know there will be no performance gains due to the car being FWD but it would look great aesthetically IMO.
What do you cats think?

Theres quite a few of us running 8" wide wheels, especially those of us running 19s or bigger. Im not sure if they make an 8" wide wheel in 18" or not.

Personally, I wouldnt try to look rwd if your not. If you want a deep dish wheel, then run the same wheel all the way around. It looks just fine. ;)

Picture193c.jpg

Cool. I was thinking about maybe the ASA AR1's.

asa_ar1_ci3_l.jpg

I think you're right though. No 18 x 8 wheels. 18 x 7.5. I may just stick with that all the way around.

Back