• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Calling all really Old Skool CEGers

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Looking for a copy of the CD Peat Romano sold at SZ '00. Don't recall if he sold them over the listserv or not. Had old pics, info, etc. on it.

I doubt we have anything, but I'll still try to sift through some of Mike's old stuff to see if he managed to snag anything from when he first joined.

PEAT? is that a typo or is that how you really spell it? :confused:
well, at least his dad wasnt wade BOGGS. :shrug: or MOSS. :crazy:

PEAT? is that a typo or is that how you really spell it? :confused:
well, at least his dad wasnt wade BOGGS. :shrug: or MOSS. :crazy:
That's his name. He put a lot of FAQs on the main site as well, all spelled that way. He did all the '95 decontenting pics which I link to pretty often.

Peat was one of the guys that ran the mailing list right? Edit: No, never mind, that was Perry. Well they both start with P.

Last edited:
Sorry can't help with your question - but you did prompt me to take a trip down memory lane. Dug up one of my earliest posts from May of '99 (actually a quote of the post that was in the old archives from before the current list archives) where my "cool new mod" on my new-to-me contour was filling my front motor mount with urethane.

Also found my post where I installed one of (or "the") first unorthodox UDP in July of 99. I'll hit 100,000 miles probably this month - and gee the engine didnt blow up yet.

Didn't take much to come up with new mods back then lol

Last edited:
I found Peat on a Subbie mailing list. Guess he stuck with that make after his Contour. He is going to see if he can find a copy. Peat came up with the Spring Zing name. ;) See attached.

Attachments

• CEGTRIP.JPG
    CEGTRIP.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back