• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

paintscratch.com paint

BrApple

No Life But CEG
for those who have ordered paint from paintscratch.com how well did the paint match your car?

I need to find some Medium Steel Blue Metallic (code: SP) paint for my eyelids for my SeVT but duplicolor only makes touch up paint and not the spray cans of this color. The touch up paint is only available online, the instore books don't even list it. However Paintscratch.com does carry this color.

Also I had the externior of my car repainted and it was painted with PPG paint. Does anyone know where I could get PPG paint in a spray can or how well the paintscratch paint matches?

thanks

paintscratch matches very very well. We've used it on things for the Cougar, SVT and GL. Even with the GL's age the match was great.

Last edited:
perfect, I was looking at the PPG webpage this week and couldn't locate a spot to buy paint, thanks!

now which paint system did you look at?

is the $10 off automatic? It didn't give me a discount when the site totalled the order.

PM me your email address. I was put on the emailing list from when I bought my interior paint. When the site dissapeared I went crazy trying to find where to buy paint from. The other day I got an email from PPG saying they switched to a new site and they are having $10 off all orders until 10/31/07.

It says to click the link to get the coupon but it just seems to show normal prices. I still haven't figured it out yet, but maybe you can.

Also, Paint World in Orange can mix you color matched paint. ;) Takes about 20 minutes to mix. Steph and I both got some from there and it matched just fine.

A word of caution about paintscratch.com, I've had issues on more than one occasion with their clear coat. It comes out very dull looking. The last time I ordered paint from them, I didn't get their clear. I got clear from Autozone instead.

Also, Paint World in Orange can mix you color matched paint. ;) Takes about 20 minutes to mix. Steph and I both got some from there and it matched just fine.

A word of caution about paintscratch.com, I've had issues on more than one occasion with their clear coat. It comes out very dull looking. The last time I ordered paint from them, I didn't get their clear. I got clear from Autozone instead.

good input, thanks. I didn't end up ordering from paintscratch. I went with the site CSVT1214 provided as it was PPG paint and that is what was used on the car when it was pointed. So with the paint being so new and it being PPG I figure I will get a pretty good match :laugh:

I'll have to keep the place in Orange in mind ...

I would have done as you did, ordered from the site Tony gave you. You're paint is fresh so it can't hurt to go with what was used.

I figured others would read this and maybe my info about the clear would help them. I know I posted about my clear coat issues previously and a few others said the same thing.

Paint World appears to have Sherwin Williams paint. At least that what it says on the can, "contents filled by Sherwin Williams". In case you want the number for one of your other cars ( ;) ): 1-800-548-4321.

well talk about service. Carpaintonline sent my order out yesterday and since I payed for 2 day shipping but it came from PA I am getting my order today :cool:

I've noticed with the paintscratch clear that you need to put on multiple coats.
I think we do about 4-5 coats of the clear and it looks great.

Back