• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 3L option. No grinding or welding

Yes, it does work but is it the best? Best is to have the pencil style injector with one wide spray as opposed to the old injector with the split spray into 2 ports.

You are correct, it may not be the best but it seems to perform the same as the full oval ports.

I guess we can both agree that both swaps have their points. But... You're still dumb :laugh:

http://www.fordcontour.org/uploads/1185930140/gallery_1032_101_57813.jpg

Shows a hybrid 3L against an '05. The hybrid might have more peak but look how quickly the full ovalport is in the usable powerband. It's also a lot less work to build.

It also looks like the 05 got up to peak hp quicker. Which would generally be more acceleration. It had more torque then the Hybrid :crazy:

I think most of those differences are just due to Cams. The fact that the dyno sheet is in time vs. rpms bugs me as well. :rolleyes: "If" this was a real dyno sheet you could figure that the tq=hp is around the 5700 mark for each car. That gives me an idea of where the different setups are making power. It seems like the 05 is peaked out at around 5700 rpms for hp at about the same numbers as the hybrid just the hybrid keeps making more power higher in the rpm range.

Edit: And I still don't think it would be as easy as using a Nautilus LIM :shrug:

Same RPM range, same dyno, nearly the same conditions. The graphs are overlaid to match the time factor which is more important than anything else on that graph.

The full 3L transverses the same RPM range two seconds quicker than the coveted hybrid!

Guess I'm not following what this is. Are you talking about your custom LIM? Also what rail is used?

No the LIM is for the transition from the split port to the oval port to just preserve the upper manifold for factory parts to remain in there places. Both the full swap and the LIM mod require the returnless fuel rails since the injectors are in the center port for better fuel atomization. And if you own the returnless fuel system on the newer models you are in the clear of not having to change over the fuel system. The return style which is 70 percent of the SVT contour and all SE all have the return style so this is a additional cost for both setups.

Full 3 liter swap - TB revision - EGR modification - fuel rail mod

3 liter w/ LIM mod - fuel rail mod

so you can buy this product just the fuel adaption kit $99 free shipping and have the 3 liters working on the return style

I think most people are confused is because they are thinking it is included with the LIM I am just allowing you to use the returnless oval port fuel rail on any return style car.

When are you going to post some pics up of everything installed? Preferably with the UIM off. LOL!

Plagarism?

Plagarism?

Hello, it's 2006 - Your so called "design" was already thought up, put into reality and has been in service for over 30,000 miles. There are 5 very satisfied customers including people on this board. I also bet your "design" isn't like ours - Which after seeing your supercharger project is no suprise. You've got brass balls when you consider it's been mentioned in my blog and forums for more than a year:

" Fuel system.... troubles and such!

Email this entry | Print this entry Jul 29 2006, 09:44 PM

I received my fuel rail back from the person who modified it for me (and all I can say is "never again"). Trying to make a factory fuel rail into something else is something I've far given up on. The damn thing leaked every time I touched it and I must've brazed it about 7 times. So, throw out the fuel rail altogether!

Now, I'm sure as you just read my last statement you are probably wondering how the heck I'm going to get fuel to the injectors. With a little research in all Ford vehicles from 1999-2004 I figured out a way to modify my fuel system to make it returnless from return without having to change the fuel pump or add all the wiring, EEC and other crap. Let's just say that now, I have only one fuel line coming up to the fuel rail and the pressure is regulated to a constant 58psi. Combing parts catalogs I came up with a factory Ford produced solution that with about 30mins of time would make installing a straight 3L with a returnless rail into a return style system Contour/Mystique a breeze....

Interested? Good, possibly if I get enough interest I will post an article about how to go about it.

-Dom

JULY 29 2006!!!! I've designed this over 14 months ago. You are late to your own party - And mention that it's your idea again.. I dare you. Ohh, and wait to see what we unvail tomorrow on our forums... While you guys are busy wasting time fitting 1998-2000 parts on 2001+ engines - We are making all the parts actually work. You will see very soon.

-Dom

Congratulations, but there really is no need to bash other 3 liter swaps :shrug:

Oh, let me guess... You got COP to work.. Yipee?? ive always hated plug wires lol:laugh:

Perhaps you mis-read what I stated. I'm not bashing other engine swaps (however futile I may feel they may be) but BurritaSVT stating that "I" stole an idea from him when his "idea" was long thought up of way before it ever became his "idea". That rubs me the wrong way, I own a business now - And made this mod for customers who wanted an easier solution. Terry has known about this mod since it's inception last June - however he dropped out of doing 3L's after the sand issue and hasn't had the opportunity to put it to use till lately. That's where we get here with todras....

I guess mentioning that making something work that has been stated over and over here that will never "work" on a Contour wouldn't be right here. I'll do that on my forums. However all these "folks" that can't find 04/05 Taurus 3.0L engines for less than a $1000 are looking in the wrong place. LKQ has 25 of them around here for $375-$450 each. I'm sure all LKQ outlets have them (they are countrywide). Heck, even PickNPulls have them for cheap... A little research goes a long way.

-D

Perhaps you mis-read what I stated. I'm not bashing other engine swaps (however futile I may feel they may be) but BurritaSVT stating that "I" stole an idea from him when his "idea" was long thought up of way before it ever became his "idea". That rubs me the wrong way, I own a business now - And made this mod for customers who wanted an easier solution. Terry has known about this mod since it's inception last June - however he dropped out of doing 3L's after the sand issue and hasn't had the opportunity to put it to use till lately. That's where we get here with todras....

I guess mentioning that making something work that has been stated over and over here that will never "work" on a Contour wouldn't be right here. I'll do that on my forums. However all these "folks" that can't find 04/05 Taurus 3.0L engines for less than a $1000 are looking in the wrong place. LKQ has 25 of them around here for $375-$450 each. I'm sure all LKQ outlets have them (they are countrywide). Heck, even PickNPulls have them for cheap... A little research goes a long way.

-D

slow ur roll bro. Point made... so cegers have got 3L swaps wrong? if u knew this, how come u neva said much. just seems to me that common courtesy requires it regardless of what forum u belong to. Now theres a bunch of things that we thot would never work that u've done b4? just to be sociable, ill take ur word. I understand u're upset cos of the alleged plegeurism, but chill. Cant come here n go putting on blast people's hard work. Not cool, thats all am saying...

slow ur roll bro. Point made... so cegers have got 3L swaps wrong? if u knew this, how come u neva said much. just seems to me that common courtesy requires it regardless of what forum u belong to. Now theres a bunch of things that we thot would never work that u've done b4? just to be sociable, ill take ur word. I understand u're upset cos of the alleged plegeurism, but chill. Cant come here n go putting on blast people's hard work. Not cool, thats all am saying...

I never said much? That's a very long story that was history a long time ago. Besides, 70% of the members here are dual members at FCO and NECO - Same discussions are on all forums - Perhaps you should "Google" for results instead of relying on CEG alone?

Chill? You think I'm really that worked up...lol. I'm peeved, not angry - The common courtesy you speak of is something that I'm not required to do as I was "discarded" ages ago because certain folks here "knew better than I did". What's the point of telling "eggspurts" that know it all before you say it? There was a reason FCO was born - That was CEG.

Moving on, I've got to outlay the COP details and video.

-D

Wow, you've still got that great attitude I remember from years ago. Congratulations for giving people, yet ANOTHER reason to disregard everything you have to say. By the way, if you couldn't tell by his joking behavior, Joey(BurritaSVT) was joking about you having access to his computer. If you came up with the same design before he did, he's the type of guy that's going to give you credit for it. But you let me know when he comes over to your site and tries to make a mockery of you, and everyone on it, mmmmm-kay? :rolleyes:

Mark

Hello, it's 2006 - Your so called "design" was already thought up, put into reality and has been in service for over 30,000 miles. There are 5 very satisfied customers including people on this board. I also bet your "design" isn't like ours - Which after seeing your supercharger project is no suprise. You've got brass balls when you consider it's been mentioned in my blog and forums for more than a year:

Geez...so humble. :troutslap:

Wow, you've still got that great attitude I remember from years ago. Congratulations for giving people, yet ANOTHER reason to disregard everything you have to say. By the way, if you couldn't tell by his joking behavior, Joey(BurritaSVT) was joking about you having access to his computer. If you came up with the same design before he did, he's the type of guy that's going to give you credit for it. But you let me know when he comes over to your site and tries to make a mockery of you, and everyone on it, mmmmm-kay? :rolleyes:

Mark

Wow, I see the old crew is alive and well.

"Congratulations for giving people, yet ANOTHER reason to disregard everything you have to say."

That's where you're wrong - There are certain people I don't care for that call CEG their only home. Everyone else is just fine - Thanks for stereotyping the whole CEG with your sentiment, shows you feel that everyone else feels like you do - When they clearly don't. Perhaps that's why you have 1,300 active members out of 8,000? Maybe lost a few to the "old mentality"? People don't disregard good ideas, just stupid people. And when the shoe fits... I did a long time ago.

And I don't know BurritaSVT. The "joke" you were referring to I didn't take as such as I put long hours into researching that project. So why don't you go stick your nose into something else that it has no business in? "Mmmm-kay"? Ass. Welcome to the reason I haven't called this home in over 6 years, and as such with the welcoming - good luck with your other projects/ideas. Again, don't look at it from anyone else's perspective but your own - Whatever favors your fancy.

-D

Last edited:
"eggspurts"??? when did we start talking about eggs?? now im hungry. thanks alot. ohh and buckeye. i wont buy anything from you even if your cheaper or have been around longer. i rather pay more or wait longer for a product and deal with a great seller then deal with a person with a demeanor such as yours.

joey. awsome work. keep it up.

Wow, I see the old crew is alive and well.

"Congratulations for giving people, yet ANOTHER reason to disregard everything you have to say."

That's where you're wrong - There are certain people I don't care for that call CEG their only home. Everyone else is just fine - Thanks for stereotyping the whole CEG with your sentiment, shows you feel that everyone else feels like you do - When they clearly don't. Perhaps that's why you have 1,300 active members out of 8,000? Maybe lost a few to the "old mentality"? People don't disregard good ideas, just stupid people. And when the shoe fits... I did a long time ago.

And I don't know BurritaSVT. The "joke" you were referring to I didn't take as such as I put long hours into researching that project. So why don't you go stick your nose into something else that it has no business in? "Mmmm-kay"? Ass. Welcome to the reason I haven't called this home in over 6 years, and as such with the welcoming - good luck with your other projects/ideas. Again, don't look at it from anyone else's perspective but your own - Whatever favors your fancy.

-D

Where did I stereotype CEG? I said "people," not "everyone on CEG." You're seriously bringing up active members to total members? The Contour has been dead since 2000, did you expect everyone to have as much enthusiasm about the car, as the people that still own them? I'm one of many people who have sold their Contours(myself, after 7 years of ownership), but stick around. Not everyone does the same. Sticking my nose in something I have no business? It's a public forum, I'll stick my nose in where I see fit. Now, it appears yours has a nice fit in Terry's rectum. Now, for the 37th time, you can leave the site as easy as you came in. Good luck with that whole attitude thing. ;)

Mark

Alright this needs to come down about 10 notches. Come on guys we need to discuss in a civil manner. The more ideas on 3L swaps the better. Cars aren't getting any younger and we all like less work and less $ when we do these. I'm planning my next swap and am trying to sort out the best route to go. Maybe I'll go Joeys route depending on cost compared to this new route. The more one works on cars there just isn't any substitute for OEM parts IMO.

The more one works on cars there just isn't any substitute for OEM parts IMO.

I definitely agree with you there.

I like any swap where you can retain the stock UIM better in that you can still use your EGR and TB in original form you're not "modifying" anything there (easier for the average mechanic). Now that there is more talk about these custom made fuel rails that should simplify the process even more (again for the average mechanic).

The things I like about this swap is that you're retaining the Oval Port heads in stock form (I think porting them and or using JB weld while the heads are on the engine is just plain crazy :crazy:) but don't like the 3L UIM, yes it is ugly :laugh:

Perhaps I was wrong about the pricing on the motors.

I really dont know how LKQ determines the pricing on their motors, but escape motors are still pulling a pretty penny while taurus motors (even these new 04 / 05 motors) are coming in at the same price as the older ones.

Could be a benefit for those looking to do a swap in the future, the larger coolant passages, and different PCV system. This may require some minor changes, but should be pretty easily sortable.

I'd definitely be interested in doing this swap in the future when I have enough money to pick up another SVT.

So let me get some things correct as to what needs to be done to make this work.

Harness needs to be modified to accept COP.
Need Escape LIM.
'01 front valve cover
Fuel rail harness needs to modified.
TB bracket needs to be modified.
EGR needs to me modified.

Am i missing anything. Is there anything from the 2.5L that needs to be transferred over such as the timing cover, oil pan, etc?

Btw, what were the extent of the mods to the 3.0L putting down 228 whp?

Back