• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Exhaust Size

Webby092

New CEG'er
Quick question,
On a 98 SE Sport 5sp, what is the stock exhaust tube size? Also how is the muffler set up, is it offset in/out, or center in/out, or what other combo? Thanks.

Stock exaust size, I'm pretty sure, is 2.5in. After coming down from the headers and after the cats, it hits a flex pipe. Then going to the "3rd Muffler, which is 2.5 in and 2.5 out goes to a Y-pipe. Going back to 2.5 inlet and 2.5 outlet on both sides of the Y. Then you get to see the ugly non tipped pipes.

Both wrong. The stock piping on the normal V6 catback is 2", SVT piping is 2.25" then when it splits, it becomes two 2" pipes out the back. I'll post pics shortly.

98.5 SE exhaust vs 98 SVT exhaust (98.5 and up SVT's had piping bends around the fuel tank the same as the 98.5 SE exhaust shown.)
DSC00321smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much! That is exactly what i needed to see. I think I am gonna chop out the mid muffler, and replace the back muffler with a Hooker muffler. Thanks again.

Back