• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L swap help...parts?

Matsch22

New CEG'er
Ok, I've been looking around for 3L engines and know that 01+ esapes and any Tarus 3L can be used correct? When I do find one what other parts will I need for the conversion? I am having someone else put the engine in and I need to tell them what there getting into. As of right now he thinks its just an engine swap. He told me he wouldn't rebuild my old engine. What should I tell him has to be done and how much work is it? How many extra parts do I need? Need to get this done asap. Thx!

large list of parts in the stickys at the top of this forum.

Also you can PM your email address and I will email you the parts list I used. I did not replace everything. All the major stuff I did.

And, if your mechanic is not willing to open up the motor at all I would buy a prepped 3L from 3Lduratec.com It really isnt that much more expensive than what materials cost. Especially if you will be paying someone at a shop to assemble it for you.

The real budget to the 3L is when you take the labor into your own hands.

You could also post in your regional forum and see if anyone semi local has or is willing to do/help you with a swap.

And, if your mechanic is not willing to open up the motor at all I would buy a prepped 3L from 3Lduratec.com

And he's not even far away from 3Lduratec.com's home location ;)

I think the cheapest way to do it would be to have him drop it right in. Then you know you're getting someone experienced with that kind of swap.

Look in the old forums and you can find lots more information.

Back