• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blizzaks

elraido

I kant speel
Got the blizzaks on yester day and this is what is happening today.
100_0316.jpg

and just a tad windy LOL. Bye summer and summer tires and rims :(

My wife had Blizzaks on her Mustang. When they were new, they performed GREAT, but after only about 10,000 miles they lost a LOT of their winter traction. Even in wet they would spin/slip so much that it was hardly worth the effort to change from her summer tires...

I had MUCH better luck with my Firestone WinterFires (now called WinterForce) on my TA. They have about 25,000 on them and still went through the deep stuff, as well as maintained wet/sloppy traction better than her Blizzaks... not to mention they were tons cheaper...

Good luck with your early snow!

i love winter and want some snow! unfortunatly i have to drive my tour in the winter :( which isnt so bad untill i go to drive up to the local ski resort... which this season i have a season pass and will be there every weekend most likely... maybe i should clearbra the front... or what about that spray on wash off protectant?

Oh okay.
icon13.gif

Blizzak's are not junk. I have 4 of them waiting for snow. Used them the past 2 years and they enable me to drive in the snow, unlike the tires I currently have.

Awwww man! No fair! I want some cold weather and snow! It was still in the 80s here two days ago. We've had a "cold snap" and it is only supposed to hit the 70s today. :(
Easy solution - move up north.

I love the snow (actually prefer to drive in it rather than rain) but can't stand the cold, especially when you wake up and don't want to crawl out of bed till springtime. Seems we rarely get a decent snowstorm too (roughly two per winter).

Easy solution - move up north.

I love the snow (actually prefer to drive in it rather than rain) but can't stand the cold, especially when you wake up and don't want to crawl out of bed till springtime. Seems we rarely get a decent snowstorm too (roughly two per winter).
I used to live in Wyoming. I've seen snows that would make most people mess themselves. I do miss it though! I would love to move back that direction. Probably Montana if anywhere. Too bad it is so difficult to completely uproot yourself when you have a business and real estate. Maybe once my parents are gone and there's nothing holding me near here.

Back