• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AZ engine swap help ($paid$)???

ELECTRO

CEG'er
Has anyone in AZ (probably tucson or phoenix area) had experience with CSVT engine swaps? I will be willing to pay for a person that really knows what they're doing and can back their word up. I will absolutely be willing to lend as much help during the process as I can. I don't know a lot about engine swaps at all, but I will be the extra pair of hands needed to hold this wire or tighten those bolts.

Please let me know. I had a really $hitty accident and seized my crankshaft bearings. The engine was running great before this happened. :cry: I hate having horrible luck with cars. I love my SVT so much. If you would like some more info, check out my post with much more details in the 3L swap threads, or just contact me.

Thanks - Matt

HeavenMusic02@hotmail.com
Cell - 913.579.1536

I think all the people that swapped motors either moved or sold their car. Closest to it would probably be a tranny pull... which azbobby has done. The pull seems pretty straightforward... but little things like where to mount the picker chains, I don't know. Do you have an area to pull it and room for the cherry picker? When do you plan on getting your new motor... and when are you planning on doing the swap?

It depends on how I go about buying the engine. I talked to joey @ nautilus, and he said that I should get a 3L escape engine, new intake that he produces, new fuel rail, and while I'm at it I might as well put in a new clutch and new headers. In that case the engine should cost between 800 and 1000, then apx 500 for all the extra stuff.

If this is how it works out, then I should be able to get the engine and all the extras within a two month time frame. I have a place here on post (Fort Huachuca) that has engine lifts, bays, and tools. I just pay for things as I use them. I found a place in tucson that said they'd do the swap for about 900. The difference is, they do engine swaps every day, every week, every month. If I do have someone else do the swap, I don't want it to be guesswork, ya know? Anyway, that's the situation as it sits right now. :crazy:

Depends on your time frame. If you can let it sit for a month or two I'd recommend Keith at AZ Dyno Chip in Chandler. He has very very in depth knowledge of the platforms. He's super backed up which is why I said you'd have to wait.

Any contact info? Know of general prices etc? It's going to be at least a few months. It's going to take a while to raise that kind of cash. Any info about this person will help tremendously. Thanks - Matt

Keith - 480.496.8800. He designed the first to market turbo kit for the Contour, has done a couple 3L and other duratec rebuilds. I have no idea what the swap would cost. I know that he's sent back about 6 3L's that came in that he tested and were bad. Apparently they are easy to find, but hard to find a good one.

Are you looking for a straight replacement for the 2.5, or going 3L? If its 3L, check with http://www.3lduratec.com/main.html. He has built countless 3L's for people on both CEG and NECO. He can take care of the small alterations needed for the 3L (fuel rail, egr, etc) and ship it to you ready to drop in.

Like morbid said, I've done a transmission swap, and I pulled the engine with it. Not really all that difficult, just MAKE SURE you label ALL the different bolts and nuts and keep them separated in different bags! It can be done yourself if you wanted to, and if I can I would be glad to help out.

Back