• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dumb question...

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
that I can't find a definite answer for...What is the diameter of the stock Zetec exhaust? We made an attempt to measure, but not sure if it's 2" or 1 7/8"? I've heard both from reliable sources....

its too small is what it is :D

im pretty sure its 1 7/8" if your serious about eventually going turbo (either through me or whatever) then step up to a 2.5" full exhaust. not only does it sound better but you get some pretty decent gains with it.

Stazi, did my exhaust(installed a glasspack) on Sunday. so he had the whole thing from the flange back taken off. Going into the center muffler it looked to be 2" but coming out was smaller(so 1 7/8th" sounds good to me). why on earth they would do that... i do not know

Well, I should have been more specific, but it doesn't matter now, because I already purchased the flex pipe. I was looking for them but I didn't see a 1 7/8" so I just figured I'd get the 2" LOL. And to be off-topic striker, it's a thought for down the road, a turbo. I am getting an SVT exhaust from my flex pipe back, to be welded right in. It was cheap so I figured it would save the hassle of trying to fit the new pipe in. The SVT exhaust can just be cut-to-fit. Although, this probably won't help if I'm going to be looking for an upgrade in the future :shrug:

Back