• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

After getting my MINI, my brother trumps me with this...

Joey

Hard-core CEG'er
He's got a pretty sweet ride if you ask me. It's the GXP package and right after buying, he went out and had Cobra stripes painted on it. They definitely give it a unique look...

Funny part is, I always bought American...he's always bought foreign. Looks like the tide has turned.

So, what do you think?

car01.jpg

car02.jpg

car04.jpg

Its amazing how different i feel about this car vs the Sky. I think the sky's style is spot on and perfect and i usually hate saturns. The pontiac is........ dare i say it... Needs a aftermarket front end.

Dont worry he didnt trump you. The cooper is the better car

Why white? Ugh. Why not deep dark metallic red or something. Looks whack with the chrome wheels.

Why white? Ugh. Why not deep dark metallic red or something. Looks whack with the chrome wheels.

yup, maybe with some white wheels it would look better, the stripes do work on the car though. I like the new SGXP but im a bigger fan of the Sky

I particularly like the way those stripes work on the nose -- the Pontiac has a better proboscis than the Sky, and it's exemplified here. Todras' mention of maroon metallic stripes got me thinking -- I do believe that would look quite cool, though it's all but irrelevant at this point, given the essential permanency of the white stripes -- which I like a lot.

Very nice car, still undecided about the stripes. It seems a lot of people here favor the Sky over the Solstice, but I feel the opposite. The sky has nice styling, but especially the front reminds me of a C6 Corvette. I love the 'vette, but having that close of a resemblance is too much. The Solstice is pretty original in its styling and looks like nothing else on the road and I respect that.

Either way, I love GM's approach to a two-seater with a turbo.

im a fan of the sky to but the stripes do look nice make it look aggressive

I like the solstice from the back, but once you get to the front I just can't handle it, like the stripes, but as everyone else said, I prefer the Sky.

I never thought I'd say I prefer'd a saturn to anything, what has this world come too?

Main thing my brother's been pointing out is that his car is listed as being faster to 60 than my MS6 on that C&D listing. Not a big deal as mines far from stock now, but he gets the roof down while he does it.

I mentioned red stripes to him as well...but I think the white pulled out well. Definitely gives a bit more flash than what it did from the factory. :)

when the sky comes in the "GXP" trim, it will go on the list of prospective future cars. provided i make enough money to keep 2 cars lol

with the money you'll spend on that, just buy an NA or NB miata and pop in a v8 (ls1 OR 5.0 depending on choice) and you'll have a better car.

edit: for less

Back