• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 U of M car show

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
...didn't have very good turn out, I expected double the amout of cars that actually showed up, but oh well just gave everybody else a better chance of winning an award.

Either way had some good times, talked to a lot of cool people, and got a free Ford GT poster from an SVT engineer :D

Anyways....

DSC00116Large.jpg

w00t!11!!1!!one!1 Pop can mufflers

DSC00115Large.jpg

w00t projectors

DSC00113Large.jpg

How did he win 3rd and I won squat?

Scott (bagged), got a cop to sit in his car just for ****s and giggles.
DSC00094Large.jpg

DSC00110Large.jpg

DSC00109Large.jpg

The winner of the Best in Show, bagged, of course.

Mmmm Ford GT
DSC00108Large.jpg

DSC00106Large.jpg

DSC00102Large.jpg

Thats all i really got, other people got better pics of some of the cars, one guy had a MINT 1978 Honda Civic CVCC with Hondamatic transmission, only 60k miles on it, nice car. There was a 233K mile Delorean, couple of Mini cooper S' both of which were extremely nice.

I was impressed at how many people asked me about my car, I had put a lot of work into it but i didnt think it looked that nice.

Your picture quality sucks! What camera were you using? I didn't even look at it.

I'll post up my pics soon.

I dont know whats going on with this camera, its a Sony DSC-S650. Its 7.2 Megapixel, but really doesnt take good pictures, my old Sony was the same price and took WAY better pictures but I had to replace it with this one because staples would only give me a refund on the camera, even though the warranty was supposed to cover it. I am really disappointed with it.

Also keep in mind that these are reduced quality to 1024x768 from their original resolution. I really want a nice camera to get into photography with, but I cant afford one.

damn did anyone get any pics of other cars? apparently i was walking around taking pics with the camera off or something:shrug:
.........i am retarded:blackeye:

damn did anyone get any pics of other cars? apparently i was walking around taking pics with the camera off or something:shrug:
.........i am retarded:blackeye:

I bet Ancientsanskirt or whatever got some more pics, Jeff also was taking pics, he said he was going to upload them later.

I dont know whats going on with this camera, its a Sony DSC-S650. Its 7.2 Megapixel, but really doesnt take good pictures, my old Sony was the same price and took WAY better pictures but I had to replace it with this one because staples would only give me a refund on the camera, even though the warranty was supposed to cover it. I am really disappointed with it.

Also keep in mind that these are reduced quality to 1024x768 from their original resolution. I really want a nice camera to get into photography with, but I cant afford one.

It may not be the camera, but more of the picture taker. Not to bash anyone, but you can get great shots with a 1.0 Mp camera if you just use the right angles and fill the shots with more of the car and less of the background.
1001831ha2.jpg

1001819ea5.jpg

1001830tj6.jpg

use of background should enhance the shot not detrack from it.
just a few hints, I'm no pro, I just get ideals from the mags I see on the racks at stores.

Last edited:
My pics.... I didn't get too many either, and even of cars other than contours. Here they are anyways....

Bagged's hot ride...

SVTstuffandUofMshow021.jpg

SVTstuffandUofMshow020.jpg

SVTstuffandUofMshow024.jpg

Bagged's Wife....

SVTstuffandUofMshow026.jpg

Mrfatride....

SVTstuffandUofMshow023.jpg

SVTstuffandUofMshow027.jpg

Aliasjerk ("winner of no awards") :laugh: ...

SVTstuffandUofMshow022.jpg

My car with pop cans in the mufflers courtesy of mrfatride (Joe) and aliasjerk (jared).

SVTstuffandUofMshow025.jpg

Jared's butt (AGAIN)....

SVTstuffandUofMshow019.jpg

Last edited:
w00t for great pics, I need to spend more time finding better angles.

haha, those tires on the GT were RIGHT down to the wearbars, I talked to the ford engineeer that drove it in. "So have some fun on the way here did ya?" he didnt even say anything, just smiled... really big.

I then shook his hand, and demanded a ford GT poster. :D

Im still dumbfounded, not to be an ass to the other guy but I dont get how he got an award and I didnt? I put 4 coats of wax on my car, detailed the engine bay, Detailed my interior, as far as I know have more work put into the car, and for some odd reason he still won 3rd best domestic.
SVTstuffandUofMshow019.jpg

*sniff* Kevin would be proud :D

Last edited:
Who got what awards, scott got best in show, aliasjerk got buttkiss, who else won what?!

Who got what awards, scott got best in show, aliasjerk got buttkiss, who else won what?!

AncientManSkirt or something got 3rd best in domestic

Scott got best in show

Reebs got 1st best domestic

Mrfatride got 2nd best domestic

I was kinda surprised we all got best domestic, there was a really nice Grand Am in the show too that was tastefully modded, and a CTS-V supercharged that was on hotchkiss/Eibach suspension.

Best part of the show probably was the guy who owned the CTS-V talked to Jeff about his Turbo 3L. "So at about 15 psi what does it put down at the crank? 250 horsepower?"

The look on Jeff's face. :shocked:

Priceless.

Last edited:
So you were dogging on another CEG'er because he took 3rd over you? :nonono:

There was probably a reason for that. I think they call it a zetec:cool:

Actually Ben it probably would have been you. Our motors look the same, we both have wheels (yours are in 100x better condition than mine) and ive got some annoying new dents from school :(

So you were dogging on another CEG'er because he took 3rd over you? :nonono:

There was probably a reason for that. I think they call it a zetec:cool:

he never poped his hood.

and im just messing with him, he knows that, breaking balls. I was shocked, as was he. when they called his name he was like "uhhh what?"

Congrats to him though thats a good unexpected feeling. I didnt expect to win anything anyways.

Back