• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spotted on 405 fwy....

Frank T

CEG'er
I saw a red E0 Saturday morning going south on the 405 from the Valley going to the Westside....Was lowered with stock rims, blacked out hood with hood pins and molded rear spoiler lip also blacked out...Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a red E0 Saturday morning going south on the 405 from the Valley going to the Westside....Was lowered with stock rims, blacked out hood with hood pins and molded rear spoiler lip also blacked out...Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

twas me :D going to swanson performance in torrance.

not blacked out btw, but arent too many other svt's with cf hood/trunk & hoodpins.

did you notice the fmic>>?? :drool:

Picture320.jpg

I was in the tender blue 85 RX-7 GSL-SE.....Nice car and like the RX-7, you rarely seen our cars on the road................

Did Danny get your car figured out? What kind of numbers did you lay down?

danny should call me sometime today to give preliminary findings; i hope its nothing major. if i have some money left over, i will put the car on his dynojet once the car functions properly.

update: 240/214 hp/tq at the wheels. what is that, 283/252 hp/tq at the crank?

going to drive it tomorrow to see how it is. seems low, but apparently its the ****ty cali fuel? :shrug:

i owe you a beer too kyle for introducing me to danny :D

Last edited:
240/214 hp/tq at the wheels. what is that, 283/252 hp/tq at the crank?

Should be a lot higher than that (at the crank). My car is 200whp which is about 266hp at the crank (I am only 195wtq). Ask Danny if he should program the computer for a higher octane gas and if running 91 with an octane booster would solve the problem or just stop buying CostCo gas to save yourself a few bucks :)

i owe you a beer too kyle for introducing me to danny :D

Danny is great with Fords, anyone in SoCal doing a 3L swap or Turbo should go and see him. Maybe we will start to get CEG discounts if we send him enough business. Also, maybe we could arrange a dyno day at his shop if there was enough interest.

after speaking with joey, its the tune thats the problem. out of 13 cars using the same tune i have the lowest numberws with a brand new tune made my danny (probably my fault). so, i some how have to get proof that the tunes joey gave me were junk. i was expected to achieve 260/250 with nautilus tune using headers.

Also, maybe we could arrange a dyno day at his shop if there was enough interest.

could be fun once i have the most powerful svt in la :D

Drag Racing?

Drag Racing?

Does anyone know if Pomona still does street legal drags? I have been so dedicated to road racing for the past few years that I have completely lost track of drag racing.

It would be good to get a bunch of local CSVT's to the strip to see who is fastest "for now". (just fyi: I do not think it will be me although I think I will do well - I just want it to be known that I am not trying to start a trash talking war) It would be a fun day and a way to get to know more CSVT people also.

Thoughts?

idk bout drag but... kyle you gotta come over sometime and get a ride; this car is fassst!

joey & danny are my hero's :cool:

danny swanson is good. he's kind of a d*ck and very weird, but good. a friend of mine is good friends with him. he's been tuning for a long time.

Back