• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Scared to Drill...

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
Alright so it's getting close to winter and I'm thinking about the need to have my windshield sprayers on my hood... I like the clean look without them on my CF Cowl, but also have been thinking about how bad it could suck not having them this winter. So does anyone that has an aftermarket hood that didn't come with predrilled holes for the wiper sprayers have any ideas of where to mount them? Also how to go about doing it without screwing up the hood if you've got them on the hood and not found anywhere else to put them?!?:shrug: Pics?

Last edited:
Alright so it's getting close to winter and I'm thinking about the need to have my windshield sprayers on my hood... I like the clean look without them on my CF Cowl, but also have been thinking about how bad it could suck not having them this winter. So does anyone that has an aftermarket hood that didn't come with predrilled holes for the wiper sprayers have any ideas of where to mount them? Also how to go about doing it without screwing up the hood if you've got them on the hood and not found anywhere else to put them?!?:shrug: Pics?

I mounted mine in the hood in the same spot they would go on the stock hood. There are openings in the fiberglass framework to use as a guide. After measuring a million times to make sure everything was perfectly equal, drilling the holes still wasn't easy (even after mounting hood pins). As far as the squirters are concerned, every one I found requires an odd shaped hole because they snap in, none are bolted in. Since I wanted black ones so as not to stand out against the black hood, I ended up getting the neon ones and painting them black with special plastic paint I got from an auto parts store. No fading involved and I didn't have to clear them. I just put masking tape over the openings and painted them, then used rubber tubing and a "T" and an elbow to complete the job. If I think about it, I'll post a couple pics.

Do like joe blu-fuz did... Here ya go

works awesome! You know when you are driving and you need to squirt the WS and you are going too fast it just hits the bottom of the glass??? With these being closer to the glass it blasts right in the middle of the WS! I love it. I should buy these plastics from junkyards and sell them as a bolt on kit for everyone who wants something like this...

works awesome! You know when you are driving and you need to squirt the WS and you are going too fast it just hits the bottom of the glass??? With these being closer to the glass it blasts right in the middle of the WS! I love it. I should buy these plastics from junkyards and sell them as a bolt on kit for everyone who wants something like this...

i agree! i'll take the first set!

Back