• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cop on a powertrip?

True, he was out of line. I'm sure he'll get suspended. Alot of you are quick to say you hate cops...oh well your opinion. Until you have walked a mile in a cop's shoes, please don't be so quick to judge. I've been a cop for 12 years, and seeing the worst in people day in day out gets to you sometimes. Green you have met me, do think I'm a power hungry jerk, I was at SZ and I'm sure no one there thought I was an azz. It's our chosen profession, and believe me some people get badges that should not have them. Please don't judge all officers by the actions of the few that make us all look bad. I work in a crime ridden, dope dealer infested part of my city, I see dead kids,deploreable conditions and people that steal,cheat, and kill for dope. After dealing with this all day, you have to "turn it off' and go home and try not to bite off your families head. If you want to see why "we" snap sometime, I have an empty passenger seat! I've had friends ride along and puke after coming out of a roach infested dope house where 5 kids sleep on the sh*t soaked floor, and ask how I sleep at night. Sorry for the rant

Rod
2kSVT

well d@mn thats the life you chose so all i can say is deal with it. But i still dont like cops and just because you get smart with a officer they cant do **** unless you really did something, but if all i had was that tape the boy didnt do ish wrong. He used turn signals on both turns it was just an @sshole cop got bored probably watching a parking lot that no one was coming to and as soon as he saw him pull up he was like "yes" some one i can F with. Try being in the military where you get deployed to a GOd forsaken country for 4 - 9 mos at a time without your family then have to come back and have a normal life for 6-8 mos then go right back again for 4-9 mos with a pssiblity of being blown up or tortured.

Last edited:
YES THEY DO.... And it pisses me off when people drive around like that because then they have NO back lights on.

Me too. Thats why I dont have auto headlights.:laugh:

The other day I was following this Focus with its brake lights constantly on. That was irritating, car would speed up, brake lights would stay on.

Can you say dangerious?

The other day I was following this Focus with its brake lights constantly on. That was irritating, car would speed up, brake lights would stay on.

Can you say dangerious?

Well I'd rather have that then when they flicker NON-STOP. on-off-onnnnnn-off-on-offfffffffffffffffff-onoffonoffonoff[pass car]on-off-onoffonofffffff-onnnn[/passes car][speeds away]..........................................[is still speeding away]

I have said over and over again how cops are humans. 1% of the police force in this country is well grounded enough to never break the rules. The 99% others can't hold there own all the time. That is why psychs work with police officers for mental health and well being.

Seeing police officers like this guy, is way too common in any work force. This kid was smart to video tape it. I love how all these videos of police brutality are emerging. It's great to see those who are hired to protect us even need to be watched. Its just shameful that those who serve and protect us hate us at the same time. :nonono:

Why was this tool driving around with a camera rolling in his car? Also, commuter parking lots are for commuters. He does not appear to be commuting.

Why was this tool driving around with a camera rolling in his car? Also, commuter parking lots are for commuters. He does not appear to be commuting.

Um maybe he was video taping himself driving, 1/4 of ceg has done this and posted videos.....:shrug:

i was wondering the same thing...with the kids attitude right off the start, it was almost as if he planned it, trying to see just how far he could get by mouthing off to the cop.

Um maybe he was video taping himself driving, 1/4 of ceg has done this and posted videos.....:shrug:

I think everybody should have a micro cassette recorder or a video camera in their car at all times, this is happening way too often and needs to be cracked down on.

I do not hate cops either. That being said i wish i had a video camera in my car when i got pulled over for tints. I turn off the car roll down all the windows turn on interior lights. cop asks if I knew why he pulled me over. "was i speeding officer?" i asked. " no i pulled you over for your tinted windows". i told him i had a prescription for it. so i show him the prescription and a letter on state of mich letterhead stating that my application for a restriction for tinted windows was not deemed nessesary. but if wanted them to aid in my driving comfort all i needed was a prescription. So anyway he takes all of that back to the squad car. Comes back 15 min later with a ticket for tinted wiidows. So i asked him why he was writing me a ticket. He proceeded to tell me i had a forged prescription and he was going to write my the ticket anyway. I told him that he better expect to see me in court over this ticket then. he then proceeded to ask me if I was threatening him. I said well if you consider me saying that i am going to take you to court over a b.s. ticket a threat then i guess i am threatening you. He then proceeded to tell me he was considering arresting me for threatening a officer. i then told him that if he does that i am threatening to sue him for wrongful imprisonment or something along those lines. well needless to say after 2 hours of arguing with this ahole on the side of the road i left with no ticket and not in the back of a sqaud car. The only reason i can think of for why he did not end up giving me the ticket was that i would have found out who he was and what his badge no was. cause I for sure would have gone to the top dog *****ing up a storm.

Last edited:
Being a police officer means having power, some cannot handle this power and do go on power trips, it's not every cop, but some of them, they aren't just "cops" they are normal people in a job that gives them power, not everyone can handle themselves correctly with this power and turn into jerks who abuse their power. And to Excel, not trying to be a dick as I support everyone in the military, but how can you go off on a rant about how it's their chosen job and they should "deal with it" and then tell them how badly you have it in the military, last I knew, the military was a choice as well. :shrug:

Back