• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Most amazing thing Ive ever seen / heard!

In the summer of 1996 my wife and I were in Florence walking down a narrow cobble stone street. 2 modified Ferraris and a Lamborghini ripped by us with a sound that still grips my soul to the very core. The echos bounced off the walls long before they passed us and I remember staring, jaw dropped (maybe drooling a bit), as they flashed by us. It was the greatest automotive sound I've ever heard live; and I've stood in the pits at Spa during an F1 race and next to a Matra at Goodwood.:drool:

Last edited:
In the summer of 1996 my wife and I were in Florence walking down a narrow cobble stone street. 2 modified Ferraris and a Lamborghini ripped by us with a sound that still grips my soul to the very core. The echos bounced off the walls long before they passed us and I remember staring, jaw dropped (maybe drooling a bit), as they flashed by us. It was the greatest automotive sound I've ever heard live; and I've stood in the pits at Spa during an F1 race and next to a Matra at Goodwood.:drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

i dunno. just saw tha video again. Seems to me it was the elise as it took off. idk...
you can definitely hear the murcielago boosting HARD while the Elise is only half way through the corner.. plus you can hear the V12 bouncing off the rev limiter. It's the Lambo ;)

The video only played just a bit over half way and then quit. :cry: One thing I was noticing was that the guys with the Carreras weren't having any problem at all with smooth launches. I thought there was some issue with their clutches being hard to engage smoothly without stalling the engine. They must have gotten that fixed or else everyone is adapting quite well to what used to be a big complaint when the car first came out. :cool:
Karl

The video only played just a bit over half way and then quit. :cry: One thing I was noticing was that the guys with the Carreras weren't having any problem at all with smooth launches. I thought there was some issue with their clutches being hard to engage smoothly without stalling the engine. They must have gotten that fixed or else everyone is adapting quite well to what used to be a big complaint when the car first came out. :cool:
Karl

You think half those people actually know how to drive those cars they own? :shrug: Rich :censored: !

It was the elise.
laugh.gif
So you're gonna tell me that an Elise that is half way through a corner and boosting HARD holds a line perfectly? .. because you can clearly hear the V12 of the Murcielago bouncing off the limiter.. I guess they're prone to massive AWD wheel spin stock. :rolleyes:

There was a huge debate on another forum, it was the lambo.

Last edited:
i hate to kill you guys but yes ive seen a diablo GT before sat in it when it was at the ferrari shop. I also saw and SV in london racing down a small alley. who was at Schumacher's last US gran prix? i have a pit side video of him drag racing montoya out of the pits at the practice if someone wants to tell me how to post it i will

I am very privileged and thankful for it

Last edited:
You think half those people actually know how to drive those cars they own? :shrug: Rich :censored: !
Maybe so. I think I read that it was really a pain in San Francisco with all the hills to get that clutch engaged without stalling the engine. Kind of like the Spec Stage 3clutch - an on/off switch kind of deal.
Karl

Back