• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HIDid it

Well.... what was that part where it was all like "revvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv" and then it went "uhhhhhhhhhhhh: while it went forward a lil bit

I own the freaking car.....I MUST not know what I am talking about. Typical CEG again. :nonono:

When the car bogs it will LUNGE forward.....:rolleyes: My front end didn't even dip.:nonono:

Sorry hector, I guess im just so used to how hard and fast Barges super sweet sex mobile leaves the line at 6000rpm in a barking screech of 4 tires crying for their life...... on a stock 5 speed...... and transfer case.....

Sorry hector, I guess im just so used to how hard and fast Barges super sweet sex mobile leaves the line at 6000rpm in a barking screech of 4 tires crying for their life...... on a stock 5 speed...... and transfer case.....
Evo is a little tricky to launch. Every magazine I read had issues launching one. The car will either bog OR grip and go.

The WRX on the other hand; just dump the clutch and the tires spin.

I think it has something to do with how the AWD system is setup. Even when it is slick, ONLY the front tires will spin on mine (for a second) and then it goes once the power is transferred to the rear.

I've been in a launch in an EVO and it def didn't feel like what your launch in the video looked like...and here hector goes again on typical CEG. :rolleyes:

That video looks like a bog, GTFOI...
I forgot, you must own an Evo.:nonono: :rolleyes:

Hmmmm..."didn't feel like what your launch looked like" :help: Guess you know more than me.:shrug: :rolleyes:

easy way to settle this...you guys should go to the same track on the same day during spring zing in fort wayne and run your cars. that would be the best thing. oh wait...

249.gif

I call bog and so did ma boys who watch lé video! :shrug:
I guess you all know my car better than me.:nonono:

We did run at the track....too bad Derrek's car couldn't keep up until he removed the exhaust.:shrug:

I'll see you all next year.....make sure to practice m!key; I expect to run you.

this is the tip of the iceburg. you should see what times hector can get with the simplest of mods. i think he took a second off his time using thinner oil?!

Back