• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FRONT END MASK BRA

CSVTkid

CEG'er
anyone have any pics of a contour with a bra. i have some chipped paint on my front bumper and i dont have any money to repair it at the moment so i was wondering what a csvt looks like with one on.

ha thats what i was thinking but i thought it might look better then what i have now, i need a camera so i can show everyone my whip

i'll show you on thursday what a silver frost looks like with a bra on it. I have one on the way.

prepair for everyone to rip on you for wanting to use a bra on your car ... but bottom line, it protects the front end of the car. My fresh paint was chipped up heading out to SZ because I couldn't use the bra ...

either way I only have it on the car when I am driving long distances on the highway ...

DSC03093.JPG

DSC03094.JPG

prepair for everyone to rip on you for wanting to use a bra on your car ... but bottom line, it protects the front end of the car.

Yep. Eventually, I'll be repainting the front end and have a clear bra installed.

Instead of buying a crappy looking bra, same your money for a paint job :shrug:

So you can just keep repainting it everytime it gets chipped up?
Yeah, that's cost effective. :rolleyes:

Bra costs like $70. You put it on for a drive and take it off when you're done. It's quick and easy to put on and off, folds up easy to be put away in your trunk or wherever.
You don't put it on to win car shows or anything. It preserves the looks of your bumper when you do want to go to a show though.

Here's the bra I put on the front of my SVT...I really didn't like the fit :laugh:

106-0665_IMGa.JPG

I love these posts...get to use it every time. :p

god I wish someone had used a bra on my car when they had traveled with it, my hood is stupid chipped up, I had my bumper repainted due to serious chipping, but my hood is another story in all of its entirety.

Basically, get a Bra if you have fresh paint and travel a lot. OR you can get one of those invisibras, which you stick on your hood and cut to shape, those work the best IMO.

Painting your bumper can be done fairly cheap if you find the right shop, the one that did mine dude a decent job, but they took longer than they said it would be. They also told me it would be substansially cheaper if I prepped it for paint myself, which means I had to sand it down. If you have a power sander, pick up a couple of packs of 220 grit pads for it. and go to town.

from what i have heard from a ford GT guy and there forums the 3M clear bra costs ALOT of money and turns yellow after a while. but that is JUST what i heard.

Back