• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Radiator Bracket

akrump47

CEG'er
So last week they installed big speed bumps all throughout my complex :rolleyes: Driving over one of them I hear a 'bang' - park and look under the car, and the radiator is hanging loose on the drivers side. This picture shows what I think the cause of the failure is:

Radbracket.JPG

Does anyone know if I can fix or replace that bracket, without replacing the whole radiator?

Thanks ...

The bracket is independent of the radiator. Bracket is bolted to the subfame with two, I'm guessing now, M6 x 1 bolts. When the bracket is unbolted you pull down on the bracket to remove it out of the rubber bushing.
By your picture it looks like rust or did someone try to weld the bracket to the subframe.

Before going and purchasing a bracket. If the P.O. if any, took out the radiator before and Broke the bolt into the nut that is welded to the subframe u are almost SOL... Unless u know how to fix that... I have the same problem and my radiator is hanging from a couple zipties due to a mechanic breaking the bolt into the nut....

- amyn

I am not saying it is impossible Im just saying I havent tried it.... If you succeed on doing it I would like to know how.

Im pretty sure you can, Im just one lazy person.... and I just used like 4 heavy duty zip ties....

And you wouldnt need new radiator brackets because you can just drill out holes and use washers when bolting it back on after u get those sexy studs out:blackeye::nonono:.

Ive been running on zipties for nearly 5 months now no problemos....

- Amyn

Back