• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lots of heat coming from under dash

JEFFtourCT

CEG'er
yep.. i'll be driving.. no heat on. temp set to cool, and still off. but i'll always feel swarms of heat coming from under the dash down where my pedals are.. the cars not over heating.. temp sensor is normal.. i think this is just my unconscience telling me to get the new metal impeller water pump..

keep in mind this is under normal driving also.. i'm getting used to driving her less aggressive since she's coming up to 100k

Can't say for sure but I think I remember reading about a fix for something very similar to this, so try searching around a little more. Changing the water pump is easy and if you're worried about it, just change it and sleep better at night :rolleyes:. You definately don't want to look at your temp and see it passing the L with the coolant light on, and thats from experience, heh.

Yup - a buddy I did a trans swap on completly tore his out and proceded to drive his car to work a few days like that. He said it sounded cool - but his feet were damn hot!

I drove with mine ripped for a while and it drove me insane. I thought I was losing my mind. The heat was off, but I could feel it rising from the floor, just couldn't tell where it was from.

The replacement boot fixed the problem 100%.

thanks guys.. at least i know what it is and isn't haha.. its almost winter, i think i'll leave it for a little while so i can thaw out my feet.. at least its not what i thought it was.

thanks guys.. at least i know what it is and isn't haha.. its almost winter, i think i'll leave it for a little while so i can thaw out my feet.. at least its not what i thought it was.

Good luck with that. It doesn't work in the winter-time. I thought it would, but seeing as it's so cold out, you don't feel the heat. It sucks :blackeye:

I was going to say, you get a good head on wind and the icy cold comes right through.

Yeah, it makes me want to replace my boot really badly, but I just try and ignore it. I mean, I'm the only one who feels the heat that comes from it in the summer and the cold that comes from it in the winter. My passengers don't really notice...I'm too lazy to fix that :p

Yeah, it makes me want to replace my boot really badly, but I just try and ignore it. I mean, I'm the only one who feels the heat that comes from it in the summer and the cold that comes from it in the winter. My passengers don't really notice...I'm too lazy to fix that :p

it was $12 from teamfordparts.com and about 15 minutes if time to change ....so :p

:laugh:

Back