• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tire recommendations for wife's turbo beetle

RandyCSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
It is time to get the wife new tires. She has had the (michellin I think) energy mxv4plus or whatever comes on most VW's stock. She now has bridgestone potenza G009's.

Current tire size is 205/55/16

I am looking for something with these priorities:
1. good tread life (I dont want to replace tires as often as I have to on my car).
2. wet performance (it rains a hell of a lot in the summers of FL)
3. dry performance (she loves accelerating in a straight line and using her turbo to pass others, but she is not one to corner quickly)

The car has stock wheels and stock suspension. She is totally stock, but that little turbo is fun! I was thinking of getting falken ziex ze 912's.

Anybody have any other good recommendations. I am looking to spend $100 or less per tire.

I have loved ZRi's for the money and performance. I have not experienced particularly long treadlife but you can buy 6 if these guys for the cost of 4 michelins.

Also used HRi's (all season) for a car that saw snow. Also were quality and cost effective.

i have a set of falken zeiz on my car now and have no complaints in wet or dry conditions. i only have about 6000 miles on them so i cant tell for sure what the long-term wear is like.
i agree with you though: those turbo beetles are fun to drive but embarassing to be seen driving. my ex-gf had one in that cream-and-puke-green color.

Back