• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New dyno for non-intercooled kit

I don't suppose anyone has dynos with their modified 2.5L (headers, exhaust, etc..) with this kit?

After I thought about it for a little bit.... this is really only a simple addon for a stock 2.5L, since a modified one will require larger injectors, right? What I'm figuring is that for a stock 2.5L (165hp) to get to 220hp with this kit... that's 55hp more. If I'm at 183hp now, that would put me roughly at 238hp. And the 19lb injectors are only good for ~230hp?

After I thought about it for a little bit.... this is really only a simple addon for a stock 2.5L, since a modified one will require larger injectors, right? What I'm figuring is that for a stock 2.5L (165hp) to get to 220hp with this kit... that's 55hp more. If I'm at 183hp now, that would put me roughly at 238hp. And the 19lb injectors are only good for ~230hp?

No if you have a returnless then you are limited to 238hp but if you are return style you can go up to 250+ I hit 235whp intercooled with stock injectors because the mechanical regulator is held close while on boost. Joey

I'm debating whether this kit is more economical for power than a 3L. Only thing is won't a 3L hold more boost(why is this?). How much more power does the turbo that is efficient at low boost make than the turbo meant for higher boost when at the same low boost level?

I'm debating whether this kit is more economical for power than a 3L. Only thing is won't a 3L hold more boost(why is this?). How much more power does the turbo that is efficient at low boost make than the turbo meant for higher boost when at the same low boost level?

I'm not sure but I think most 3L's (besides the "true" Hybrids) have a lower compression ratio than the SVT motor thereby being more boost friendly. However I could be totally wrong :D :D

I'm not sure but I think most 3L's (besides the "true" Hybrids) have a lower compression ratio than the SVT motor thereby being more boost friendly. However I could be totally wrong :D :D

That and the pistons are stronger than the non-revised 2.5L pistons.

The 3L won't hold more boost than a 2.5L, just flow more air because it's bigger.

The revised pistons that came around 2000 just can take more abuse than earlier ones but we are finding that with proper tuning the earlier model pistons are also working fine.
compression ratio on 3L = SVT 2.5L.
Regular 2.5L have lower compression, 9.7:1 and could be more boost friendly.

No if you have a returnless then you are limited to 238hp but if you are return style you can go up to 250+ I hit 235whp intercooled with stock injectors because the mechanical regulator is held close while on boost. Joey
Interesting! I've been flip flopping between wanting a 3L or your base turbo kit... now I'm not sure (again).

There aren't any dynos of a modified 2.5L (headers, & other bolt-ons) with the intercooler-less kit, are there?

Interesting! I've been flip flopping between wanting a 3L or your base turbo kit... now I'm not sure (again).

There aren't any dynos of a modified 2.5L (headers, & other bolt-ons) with the intercooler-less kit, are there?

I believe the one we posted here is basically just a bolt-ons 2.5L to include the turbo kit and headers, but with a turbo too big for the application.

Back