• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cleaning wheel wells

Y2KSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
What are you guys using to clean your wheel wells? I've got some dirt buildup that I'd like to take care of when the car gets put away. Seems like there was a product that I think Todras mentioned he uses. I've never used Simple Green, but it seems like it gets recommended a lot. What's the consensus??

Mark

I usually use the high pressure attachment on the hose to spray off any big or loose items stuck in there. Then just soak the inside with tire shine foam. Works great :D

I clean them with the remains of the soap and water after the car and wheels are done. Don't get any build up that way.

Dress them too! It attracts more dirt, but if you clean the car weekly, who cares.

Clean wheel wells really set a well taken care of car off from the not-so ones.
I have so many friends that don't seem to understand this! I'm glad to see others feel the same way!

I have H&R springs on my car and I can be more of a PITA to really get in there as opposed to stock suspension.

I must say that a pressure washer helps a lot when getting a brush in there is difficult. But, without a pressure washer I first spray water in the wells with a hose. Then, I spray simple green dilluted 1:1 concentrating mostly at the top of the wells, because gravity will carry the product downwards while it loosens the dirt and grime. Next, I use the Mothers fender well brush http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-fender-well-brush.html to agitate, then I rinse.

Back