• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone a Directechs member?

showngo

CEG'er
Just wondering if anyone was a directechs member. Looking for the info on a 99 Contour. I look over at www.the12volt.com, and many have said that the directechs website gives much more info. Thanks in advance.

im a directechs member but i looked and there no manual for Avanguard ? are you sure its a Directed product ?

anyway the only thing i can provide you is a the car wiring

i will check later tonight... i thought avanguard was the brand

since i cannot copy/paste from the directechs database i wil have to rewrite it on wordpad because i think i cannot save it as a pdf... will update you on it later

since i cannot copy/paste from the directechs database i wil have to rewrite it on wordpad because i think i cannot save it as a pdf... will update you on it later

Will it let you print? Cause you can "print" it to file and save it as a post-script file, then convert that to PDF. PM me if you need details.

Your going to need a bypass module if you're doing remote start.. I suggest the 1100F and they suggest using the PCM for tach, but it's easier to just use the wire behind the cluster...

Thanks for the info. I've already got a bypass module. I'm in the process of gathering all the parts, and gathering info. So every little bit helps.

i have the pdf files for the clifford ag4 install manual, owners manual, and the intellistart install manual. if u need them, pm me.

i had the ag4 installed maybe 3 years ago. i'm getting some quirks from it like i now keep it in valet mode all the time. every now and then when i'm driving my lights flicker as if the remote start thinks i'm giving it a command via keyfob. hopefully the intellistart manual will let me retrace the wiring to see if theres anything quirky. everything else seems to work fine. but i think it also gets the weird "ghost" commands when the car is off and i have it armed (not in valet)- the alarm goes off and it wont respond to the key fob. very embarassing in public at nite. i never knew why the flickers were happening or what might've been causing them until one day i pull into the driveway and the flickers happened as i was turning the car off. the car stayed on the exact same way like when i do a remote start prep command or a shortstop remotestart (like if u need to run into a store so u can leave the car running but armed). i cant reproduce the results for the install shop cuz they are too random so i had to find the manuals online to hopefully help me trace the wiring

the alarm is great but it has lots of wiring. i think the shop tried to use a data pats bypass but it wouldnt work so they used a dei pats bypass 555f (i think), it uses a pats key in the box. take your time doing the install and double check your wiring as your progessing.

Last edited:
Sometimes remote start units have a negative trigger that you can install on a push switch to activate the remote start, instead of using the fob, or key.... maybe this wire has cut into some metal or something and is grounding out every now and then.... Too bad you don't have an extra brain unit you could try to see if it was the brain on the unit itself messing up.... your LED should denote what is causing the alarms..... at least mine does, it blips a number of signals which my manual tells what caused an alarm... may want to check that..

Does anyone happen to know the difference in the Cliffnet Pro and Consumer versions? Does the PRO have more options with it?

Back