• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NOOB needs help, engine fire

tonys99ramair

New CEG'er
Hey guys, I am new to this site as I am sure most of ya'll can tell this is my first post. Long story short, bought my 98 CSVT about 6 months ago, two days later motor went out (spun bearing) put a motor in it. Last week had a little problem with the wire harness (seems to be a common problem), needless to say two wires became bare, touched together and boom, fire in the engine bay. Luckly I got it put out fast enough that it really did not cause to many problems, just burnt up a lot of little stuff under the hood. The car still tries to start but the coil is melted and I can smell fuel (I am sure the fuel lines are melted as well) Which leads me to my question, does anybody know anybody with a engine harness for sale? I had an extra from the other motor I bought I cannot find it for the life of me. I got a price from Ford, it was not as high as I though it would be but it was high enough none the less. All the little sensors, lines and stuff that burnt up I have from the other motor, I just need a harness, can anybody help me out? Thanks a lot in advance, I have been doing a lot of research on this site and I really like it! BTW, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I could not seem to find another section this topic seemed to fit in.--Tony

There is a pic, the pic makes it seem a lot worse then it really is
DSC01191.jpg

Your best bet on this site would be to go to your local regional forum (on the lower section of forums) and then look for a "regional marketplace" or "local sales thread", etc.

you can read through there...

also, check our "formal" classifieds ads, located just under "Common Interests".
You can't POST a "want to buy" ad, as you are too new on this site. (50 posts, 30 days membership) but you can watch and contact the member via PM. (click the sellers name and choose "send private message")

Sorry it took me so long to get back and reply, my work has been keeping me very busy. Aircougar I sent you a PM back, I appreciate it. KyleQ, yes that "fiber thingy" was still on the hood, you can actually see some of it in the picture I posted.--Tony

Back