• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeos explained

andy b

CEG'er
Right got a pm about a pic of a car and it was thought to be a focus but it was a 2001 mondeo so i will put pics of all the mondeos you can get over here

the mark 1 1993 to 1997
garage1.jpg

then the mark 2 which look like your contur1997 to 2001

f7.jpg

r1.jpg

and then the mark 3 2001 to 2007

f3.jpg

r2.jpg

and noe the mark 4 2007 to ?
DSC038951.jpg

DSC038841.jpg

The post 98 tour was from 98-00 not 01. And that white one above is :drool: :drool: :drool:

no, he was saying the Mk2 mondeo was built 97-2001

I can see where the E0 wheels for the 98 SVT came from.

Why do we get all of Europe's old ****?

I like the Mk IV Mondeo, too bad we've got so much invested in the Fusion over here, its never going to make it over here:nonono:

They haven't released any info on an ST version yet, at the moment the top of the range is the Titanium X with the 2.5ltr 5 cylinder turbo engine from our Focus ST. But there are rumours of an unspecified 3ltr 260bhp 6 cylinder in the future.

Interesting... The looks remind me of our new Mazda 6 I saw not too long ago in the off topic section.

I still dont get why they used the 3.2L I6 with a turbo. They could have gotten the same numbers from a duratec35, and even better numbers from a duratec37, and probably better fuel economy, and cheaper fuel if they tune it for 87 grade.

i also hope they put the duratec motor back in the new ones. i like the t5 but it just isnt the duratec. its not a mondeo without the duratec!

and the new focus is bada$$! wish they would have brought that over for us to play with...:(

Back