• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just so every one knows!!!

99csvtoledo

CEG'er
all thoes negative post that i made yesterday were not made by me. i logged on at work and a co-worker thought it would be funny to push sum buttons and annoy sum ppl. im sorry to every one whos thread got cluttered by that mess. i have since rephrased all the messages he posted. again i am sorry to any one who took offence to any post.

all thoes negative post that i made yesterday were not made by me. i logged on at work and a co-worker thought it would be funny to push sum buttons and annoy sum ppl. im sorry to every one whos thread got cluttered by that mess. i have since rephrased all the messages he posted. again i am sorry to any one who took offence to any post.
'

i was wondering what the deal was:shrug: i thought u just tripped out

Good of you to apologize and let us know what happened.
Nice co-worker you've got there. :nonono:

Try to get in there and edit all those posts ASAP. Nice idiot co-worker, I have some of those those too. I just wish their village would call them home...

Not your co-workers fault, your fault for not securing your computer when you left your station.

Nothing annoys me more than people leaving their stations unlocked when they get up. If one of my employees leaves their computer unlocked it will not be the same when they return. It only takes once and now they all lock their stations when they leave.

I hold each person accountable for what happens on their computer. What if they sent a nasty letter to your boss (Maybe they did) or deleted company files under your account (Maybe they did).

Learn from this and do not leave your computer unlocked when not in your presence.

We all here at my company leave ours the way it always is, its not should I lock it, its do I work with trustworthy people that wont be childish!!! If someone did that here I would be pissed and ream thier a$$

We all here at my company leave ours the way it always is, its not should I lock it, its do I work with trustworthy people that wont be childish!!! If someone did that here I would be pissed and ream thier a$$

Has nothing to do with Trust. I trust all my employees, if I did not they would not work for me. Do you lock your car in the parking lot? Do you lock your house when you leave? (Maybe not in Canada) My job is network administration and security. To me not securing your station is serious, it shows a lack of concern for overall security. It is no different than sharing your network password. Yes, I am very Anal about these things.

Has nothing to do with Trust. I trust all my employees, if I did not they would not work for me. Do you lock your car in the parking lot? Do you lock your house when you leave? (Maybe not in Canada) My job is network administration and security. To me not securing your station is serious, it shows a lack of concern for overall security. It is no different than sharing your network password. Yes, I am very Anal about these things.

umm? dont take this the wrong way but that is a fairly stupid comment. is not the premis(sp) of security trust? and no 85% of the time i dont lock my car. i dont lock my house.

then it will be kind of hard to say "I'm sorry" for someone taking your car for a spin when they decide to do so... Just because you don't lock things across the entire board doesn't make one or more any less infringing...

I do agree, though.. it has nearly everything to do with trust... you can't trust someone and yet lock to prevent unauthorized access. you can lock to prevent untrusted access..

umm? dont take this the wrong way but that is a fairly stupid comment. is not the premis(sp) of security trust? and no 85% of the time i dont lock my car. i dont lock my house.

Well, it is also not your computer. It is the company's computer and all of the data contained in it. You have a responsibility to ensure that all of their data is safe and not tampered. If you trust the people around you then leave a wad of $20's on your desk.

If everyone was trusted then there would be no need for security. Security is both a physical attribute and a state of mind. You can feel secure when you are not. Carrying a Gun through a bad neigborhood. And you can be secure without feeling it. In a safe room during a tornado.

Also, even if you do trust everyone around you, do you know everyone in your company and trust them? I do know some small companies this is the case. However do you also know and trust everyone they may bring into the building? A trust B B trust C A Not Trust C.

My point is, people think very little of computer security and do not take the most basic precautions. However when thousands or millions of personal records are stolen everyone cries foul and wonders why and how it could happen? It happens alot of the time because people do not take even the most basic levels of security seriously, especially if it is an inconvience to them.

Last edited:
Where I worked it was a security violation to leave your computer or terminal logged on unattended even though everyone in the area had the same need to know. As far as trust and leaving valuables on your desk, you couldn't do that because the guards would come in afterhours and steal stuff. :nonono: :blackeye: :eek:
Karl

I also have an information security role at my job (in addition to my regular accounting tasks), and we just went through a major company-wide (I work for a major multi-national comapany, so it was no small feat to pull off) campaign to remind people how simple it is to lock your computer when you step away. On systems using XP, simply hit the windows key and "L" at the same time. On older windows systems, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and then select lock computer.

Information security is a big deal in the corporate world, and trusting those you work with has nothing to do with securing the company's assets, including its information.

Back