• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need exhaust help

LukeDuke

CEG'er
99 CSVT

Seems that I have a small flex pipe about half way in the middle of my exhaust and it is falling apart. Making my exhaust so very loud and annoying. My questions are below. Please help if you can. Thanx in advance.

Do I need the flex pipe thats only a few inches long anyways?

Anyone work on exhaust that can hook me up near Ann Arbor area?

Or anyone know of a good shop that they would reccomend?

I might as well replace the muffler at the same time. What would be best for a good throaty sound that isnt too loud but not quiet either?

I know of a shop near my house in Walled Lake near Novi. Its called Mufflers and More. Im getting my exhaust system from them more than likely. I know the owner and they do amazing work. Its south of 15 mile rd on Pontiac Trail

PM stazi. i know hes pretty busy. So im not sure what he will say, but he maybe able to hook you up pretty cheap.

ok i pmed him. anyone else know of anything that could help me out? thanx again.

you could take a small exhuast pipe, slide it inside(or you could use a larger pipe and slide it over the outside) the flex pipe and its (broken) connecting pipe. Then clamp it together. Not the greatest fix but should help till you get around to fixing it.

just an idea, for a TEMP. fix:shrug:

I dont know the dimensions of the Stock mufflers off hand... But check Magnaflow.com and look around, you can find some nice mufflers for cheap, and if you are thinking really cheap, go to summitracing.com and find some cheap-o Dynomax mufflers, they make a nice sound and really arent that loud. Plus while you are at it you can find some nicer tips for back there.

yea ill check around. i used to have borla but i didnt like it. then i had some cheapo glasspack that wasnt bad but just a cheap fix at the time. I already have nice new tips so im just looking for some help for the right sounding muffler that i am looking for.

Luke,

Ann Arbor muffler on jackson, past stadium... across from vets park. They do great work but are a little pricey.

Back