• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tru-bendz questions

Evilhaze

CEG'er
I was looking at these kits online and it shows it only comes with a single muffler. Is this right? or will it come with dual mufflers like the stock ford ones on there now?
I have the stock exhaust now with a straight pipe where the resonator was. But it has rusted through and broke twice where the resonator used to be. So i think a no-res cat back would replace it pretty nicely. If i buy the Brla cat back with no rez will i get 2 mufflers for the rear or just 1?

Basically the kit comes exactly as pictured.... One Muffler (about 10 inches behing the Cat) and then straight piping to the Tips... I have the Magnaflow one and am VERY pleased with it. People have had fitment issues so I would reccomend being prepared for some minor fitment adjustments...

above post is correct. what you see in the pic is what you get. Trubendz relocates a muffler to the stock resonator location. If you get the resonated version of the exhaust the resonators would be located where the stock mufflers are located.

Get the non resonated magnaflow setup. Excellent sound especially with msds headers. Can't beat the price too!

the nonresonated system sounds good with stock or MSDS headers. I would not recommend the non-resonated if you have MSDS headers, because it sounds good, but gets too damn loud...it gets irritating after a while. I had the nonresonated system, loved it, installed headers, loved it a little more, grew tired of the loudness, and added two magnaflow mufflers. With the two added mufflers it is quiet when just cruising or driving on the highway, but sounds mean and downright amazing when I floor it or get on the gas.

I will warn you that trubendz has a great product but the worst customer service. The only thing they do promplty is take your money. After that you have no idea when your product will ship, it may not even fit right, and might have to get repaired at a shop (my tips were bent wrong, and I had to get them rewelded).

check my classified post. I have a trubendz system for sale.

i was wondering whats the difference between the standard 3 inch catback kits vs. the resonated 2.5 inch catback kits??

it is pretty clearly explained on their website if you do a little reading

www.trubendz.com

standard has one muffler, resonated has one muffler and two resonated tips

3 inches is 1/2 inch bigger than 2.5inches.

for a none turbo you want 2.5". if you plan on doing headers go with a res kit. for stainless or aluminized well thats pretty obvious. stainless will not rust and will last a very long time. aluminized will rust.

as far as what muffler to get thats basically up to you. most of us use magnaflow or borla. the flowmaster sounds very hollow and most of us don't like it. just check the sound clips. and find the sound you like.

I'm going to have to reiterate the fitment problems. I'm finally working on installing mine and NOTHING fits together right. I'm going to have to take it to a fabricator friend to have it all cut and refit and welded together. Ironically, the only expanded joint sections in the whole kit that actually work, are the ones at the magnaflow muffler, because the muffler is made w/ the expanded joint side, lol.

my stuff fit together fine, but one tip stuck out 1" further than the other. they look stupid, and rusted out. the aluminized piping hasnt rusted a bit! the welds rusted like usual, and i just cut the tips off. ive got headers, a test pipe, and a 2.5" non res with a magnaflow muffler. it's loud. too loud. just paid a ticket loud.... i'm going to put in one long flowmaster and new tips soon. hopefully a bigger muffler will quiet it down a bit.

it's loud. too loud. just paid a ticket loud.... i'm going to put in one long flowmaster and new tips soon. hopefully a bigger muffler will quiet it down a bit.

That's not saying much... I've gotten a "exhaust too loud" ticket before. My car is definitely not loud, especially not the time I got the ticket, I was driving like a grandma, maybe 20 mph.

But yes Tyler your car is loud... :p

If I was to get one of these 2 systems with the Borla exhaust is there a major difference in sound and volume between the non res system and the res one?

www.trubendz.com

Also is one easier to install?

My car will be completely stock, besides possibly the addition of an intake afterwords.

Does one have noticeable drone at constant highway speeds?

And is the res system even that much louder than stock?

Back