• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Practicing for the calendar shot...

TUFTOUR

Hard-core CEG'er
Let me know what you guys think...any ideas to make it come out sharper?

NewIMG_0272.jpg

As usual, another NE thread has gone from perfectly fine, to perverted, in a matter of minutes :rolleyes: :laugh:

As for the photos, what exactly are you trying to get clearer? I'm not familiar with that camera, but if you have an aperture setting, set it high. Also, if you can lock the focus, try only focusing on the car, then locking it. Chances are, that you wont have a focus lock, but the aperture should do the trick i think. That, would make the car appear more in focus and "sharper".

Hope I didn't make thing too complicated lol......

As usual, another NE thread has gone from perfectly fine, to perverted, in a matter of minutes :rolleyes: :laugh:

As for the photos, what exactly are you trying to get clearer? I'm not familiar with that camera, but if you have an aperture setting, set it high. Also, if you can lock the focus, try only focusing on the car, then locking it. Chances are, that you wont have a focus lock, but the aperture should do the trick i think. That, would make the car appear more in focus and "sharper".

Hope I didn't make thing too complicated lol......

I wish the rims and calipers looked sharper...I'm not sure if the glare washed out the detail, though...

Thanks, it does have an aperture setting, so I will try that...

Would you expect anything less from us? :laugh:

I agree, it should be a bit sharper. I like the picture though, looks good.

I've read about this being used, but don't really know what it means or how to do it...can you elaborate? :)

basically, get a tripod and take 3 pictures of your car with varying exposure...the powershots seem to have the settings that are most common, which is good.

take pics at -2, 0, +2 and then you can download a hdr tool that will blend the 3 pics together and provide you with a much more detailed photo.

this one has a free trial:

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

PM m!key or pre98 as they seem to be the best at it...i know m!key uses photoshop with a hdr plugin.

I've read about this being used, but don't really know what it means or how to do it...can you elaborate? :)

I can! :) Mikey kicked me in the right direction as I was curious, too. Check out this link at my site (has a few HDR pics of my own) as well as this tutorial. If you cant snag the program needed, just follow the instructions up to that point and I'll composite them for you.

There's a lot of things Paul can't do.

One happens to be staying calm when his car get's a spec of dirt on it.

Back