• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Imrc Question

nonsvt

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I'm thinking of trying the IMRC fix just wondering if replacing the transistor has worked for anyone and if you have any tips ?

Yes, it definitely worked for me. The car just sucked after 3800rpm. When it worked it was awesome, but most of the time not.

I replaced the transistor just like in the how-to with an NTE replacement I got at You-Do-It Electronics here in MA and it's worked great since.

My only tip, is that plastic torx screw holds the transistor to the metal casing of the IMRC box. I accidentally broke it when I was removing the box and since the screw is plastic, half it was still left in there. So I said oh well and just reinstalled the circuit board without thermally coupling the transistor to the metal casing. I figured that metal casing is working more as a heatsink to the engine and therefore a heatsource for the transistor and left the transistor free-floating. We'll see how well that works.

Thanks but turns out i completely destroyed it trying to remove the plug, funny I never quite understood how people could break it until now....now i gotta find a new one

Back