• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

End of Summer Mod 3???

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
Okay so like always I have several projects running in the back ground and they all just kinda fall into place at once.

So here it is! End of summer mod No. 3!

Advanced Cup Holders!

Oh and as "simple" as this install should be, it wasn't for me because I have my "pod" mounted on the side of my shifter.
Pod before:
HPIM3058.jpg

Pod removed, cup holders FTW!!!!
HPIM3114.jpg

Modded Pod - Sanded hole into pod...
HPIM3115.jpg

HPIM3116.jpg

Body work and new paint! Found a darker gray Primer that will "better" match the interior and this time I did a clear coat! (previously had just coat of primer)
HPIM3119.jpg

Crappy picture from passenger side (sorry)
HPIM3123.jpg

Money shot from Drivers head area!
HPIM3126.jpg

:cool: So no more spilled drinks, and pod looks a little nicer!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, that "pod" looks like something i would do if i was 6 years old and owned a car.

Not gonna lie, that "pod" looks like something i would do if i was 6 years old and owned a car.

pod would look better if it was extended to the floor, and the wires were hidden under the carpet, and if it flowed a little better with the car... but I like the idea

haha I made it around functionality and not for looks.

I set the switches in a arch that was based of my hand and I catch reach from the shifter to any of the switches in an instant. and they line up pretty damn good for each of my fingers, so I can basically turn anything off or on without ever looking away from the road. I put the pod in there because there isn't a good place to mount a guage except the A-pillar. And I didn't want that because the guage is a bright blue and would be right in my face while driving...It works pretty damn nice and it matched so that the seat can stil go almost to the front most postion (it can ride up to the 2nd 'click' for the seat bracket)

Edit:

Haha yeah the wire loom tube is kinda ghey, but I had a hell of a freakin hard time trying to pack the wires to go under the console, thats why they ended up like that. and what did you mean by extend it to the floor???? I could always add more buttons and guages for the passenger :shurgs:

Last edited:
:shrug:

I always drive with my hand on the shifter, even though it is ATX...

And its actually funny because the point of this thread was cause I put the cup holders in, not the pod. :laugh:

ok, i'll ask the question most of us want to know... what do the switches turn on?

Rocket launcher, smoke screen, turbo boost, and passenger seat ejection...

Close,
turbo booster, Nos, flux capacitor, and transformer (autobot style) :laugh:

True story, Original Plan:

Red light was suppose to be pod power switch, and green light would indicate power to the pod

1-4 (left to right)
1) Interior lights
2) relay to amp-sub
3) Underhood light (cause our cars don't have any :blackeye: )
4) voltmeter

As it stands right now:
ditched the power switch idea, and put in a red light, red and green lights are plugs for holes :laugh:

1-4:
1) front interior lights
2) rear interior lights
3) left open
4) voltmeter

Reasons:
No power switch - had power wires for everything else already...

Sound system - decided not to put the amp-sub back into the car. Ear destorying bass is for nubs and high school parking lots.

Hood light - Thats right up there with those eyebrows...i'll get there at one point...

Looking more forward, then is the idea back in my mind to replace the whole pod because I want to put a useful water temp guage in as well. I never moved forward because there are enough projects sitting around already. :laugh: Hopefully I'll have the cavalier functional at one point. Damn mofo time consuming paint job...

Last edited:
sounds like a waste in space then, should ahve done what fordman did to his svt and put the voltmeter in the change sport, and left the switches out! but hey, nice pod nonetheless!

Yeah I actually keep change in my change dish. :laugh: althought I only used it once!

but again the light blue orb would still be up near your face, althought the change dish spot is a pretty nice spot.

right now it is kinda useful because it does house the voltmeter and I usually drive with the interior lights on at night. And by interior lights I mean the blue lights I have stashed up under the dash board.

And god knows I will at one point get a light setup under the hood! :laugh:

Maybe Christmas???

Right now though I am more concerned with finishing the paint on this beast:
HPIM3079.jpg

This was/is suppose to be the commuter car for school and winter. Try to save the contour a little bit!

Errm... thats kinda useless IMO, you already had controls for interior/exterior lights.... you coulda at least painted it match, and paint the wire loom, or at least use a black one.... E For effort!

How it is useless if I use it to run things I installed into the car? :shrug:

Oh and ford grey interior paint is right there on the shelf next to ford MNB interior paint. :laugh:

Oh and the rest of the car has identical blue wire loom, and went out of my way to find the larger diameter blue wire loom so that i would match...

So I give you an E for being total freakin nubiE-turd... :nonono:

I would like to see you build your own pod, and if its nice enough I'll buy one from you :wink:

Last edited:
Back