• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

After 10 years, my Contour is gone

perry

New CEG'er
Well, I finally decided it was time to get a new car today. Traded in my 96 GL for a 2008 Mazda 3 Touring sedan 5spd w/ moonroof, 6cd changer, leather, and autodimming compass mirror. The 5spd will be a surprise to those that remember me ;)

I must say, the Contour treated me very well and I owned it for over 1/3 of my life at this point. I don't think I could have asked for anything more from it.

You will enjoy the Mazda 3. It's a really nice car.

I sure hope so. I was on the fence between the 3 and 6 and decided to be more fiscally responsible and get the 3. As we were waiting for the F&I guy, the salesman was telling me that he thinks the 3 is a better car. Now, of course he was partially saying that because he just sold me a 3, but he probably also believes it somewhat as well.

He was saying how problem free the 3's have been which really helped me to decide not to get the extended warranty. If the F&I guy hadn't listened when I said no to the warranty I certainly would have told him that his salesman lost him the sale ;) I think I was in F&I for about 25 minutes so it was pretty painless.

Just gotta figure out how to work that third pedal and I'll be doing good!

Congrats on the 3 Perry! :cool:

You'll be fine with that third pedal. ;)

Post some pictures for us.

Just took a few of the car sitting in the car port. No pretty backdrops..

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

I think this will become my favorite part, the pretty pearl!

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG

And my first "mod" - a Case Logic trunk organizer from Target!

IMG_1718.JPG

Well, I finally decided it was time to get a new car today. Traded in my 96 GL for a 2008 Mazda 3 Touring sedan 5spd w/ moonroof, 6cd changer, leather, and autodimming compass mirror. The 5spd will be a surprise to those that remember me ;)

I must say, the Contour treated me very well and I owned it for over 1/3 of my life at this point. I don't think I could have asked for anything more from it.

Who the hell are you?

That's a nice lookin Mazda 3 you got there... White is one of my favorite colors, but that is a really nice white! take care of'er! i'd get a full detail and have'm' put on a nice thig coat of wax to protect that purdy color! :cool:

Good luck with the Mazda - FORDS fun cars

Good luck with the Mazda - FORDS fun cars

Since Ford controls Mazda you didn't really leave.
Mazda has zoom zoom.

Since Ford controls Mazda you didn't really leave.
Mazda has zoom zoom.

Yep, that was actually one of the reasons I shopped Mazda. In fact, the 6 and the 3 were the only two cars I test drove. The 6 was very comfortable and I felt right at home in it. The 3 was just as nice and just as comfortable for me in the driver's seat.

Got my stubby CX-7 antenna mast and all weather floormats in yesterday. Windows are being tinted on Saturday.

The stock shift knob is too small for my bear paw sized hands, and apparently the Voodoo knobs will fit the 3. Maybe I'll get me one of those. And I need a dead pedal so I don't wear out the carpet. And, and, and...

From one money pit to the next.

Back